A.C.

Hey all, 

Feeling a little like the boy who cried Mosasaur. I am fairly confident what I have here is a Mosasaur but wanted to get another opinion. 

The species I believe to be Proghathodon rapax (Hay). 504228686_Proghathodonrapax3.thumb.JPG.440c4b6f360a069f30bf69afe61ca683.JPG319224520_Proghathodonrapax2.thumb.JPG.822c654b92cb686398ad8cb508ea72ea.JPG

1229599004_Proghathodonrapax.JPG

• Enjoyed 1

well it certainly looks "mosasaur-ish". I'm fairly confident that you have a mosasaur, as it's appropriately stout with a telling curve. But since it's so small I could be wrong.

• I found this Informative 1
  • Thank You 1

“Not only is the universe stranger than we think, it is stranger than we can think” -Werner Heisenberg 

Yep, mosasaur. As far as species...Others will have to weigh in...  But I would be extremely happy to have that in my collection labeled as just "Mosasaur tooth".

• I found this Informative 1
  • I Agree 2

Yeah, no doubt about it: mosasaur, and likely mosasaurine, by it's morphology. But that's about as far as I'd dare go on this...

• I Agree 1

'There's nothing like millions of years of really frustrating trial and error to give a species moral fibre and, in some cases, backbone' -- Terry Pratchett