A trio of rather battered Oviraptor eggs

FF7_Yuffie

Hello,

What are people's thoughts on these? Three eggs and one partial, plus some bits of shell. Given its poor condition, it looks ok to my eyes, but others know better than me. It's a shame there's not more eggshell coverage--but nests of oviraptors are always out of my price range, so this will be a more budget way for me to get a nest.

Also, would these 3 eggs from a different nest that fossilised together? Because most nest fossils I see they are arranged in a sort of circular shape, rather than a big blob, Or is it just that in fossilisation they've been bundled around?

Thanks

s-l1600 (1).jpg

s-l1600 (2).jpg

s-l1600 (3).jpg

s-l1600 (4).jpg

s-l1600.jpg

The top egg looks okay, it has most of its eggshell just needs better prep.  Hard to say with these photos but both of the lower ones may be partial eggs.  I would have expected to see the end of one in your second photo.  They were probably placed like this to look complete but thats a guess.  I dont like to label eggs to a dinosaur group, they are Elongatoolithus eggs

• Thank You 1

Thanks for taking a look. They are at a good price--so the other possibly being partial isn't a dealbreaker. I'll go for them. Will be nice to display next to my other Elongatoolithus egg from the same formation.

Cheers 

Edited by FF7_Yuffie