Diplodocus bone?

Josesaurus rex

Hello everyone, I saw this fossil, and please I would like to know if it is indeed a partial coracoid of Diplodocus.  
The provenance data are as follows:

Morrison Formation
Big Horn Basin Wyoming.  

Thank you very much in advance. :)

D55FDC2F-40B1-4DA0-B714-5D501DD640AB.jpeg

1C0831B1-AA0F-4204-94C7-67D78B4F66F1.jpeg

41037040-45C7-4817-93E4-C49CBE31FF1E.jpeg

03453CA1-6C13-4E37-A418-5EB9F148F4FB.jpeg

It’s my bone and the provenance is not as simple. It came from a well known Morrison digger/preparator/dealer whose handled many Sauropod bones. I believe that is included in the listing though I don’t name them specifically. Happy to share more specifics regarding the provenance but only through PM. 

Having said all that, I encourage any additional thoughts from TFF members as to the ID. I trust the source but the trust/verify method is always a good method when it comes to fossils. 

• I found this Informative 1
  • Thank You 1

16 minutes ago, fossilsonwheels said:

It’s my bone and the provenance is not as simple. It came from a well known Morrison digger/preparator/dealer whose handled many Sauropod bones. I believe that is included in the listing though I don’t name them specifically. Happy to share more specifics regarding the provenance but only through PM. 

Having said all that, I encourage any additional thoughts from TFF members as to the ID. I trust the source but the trust/verify method is always a good method when it comes to fossils. 

Wow, I never expected this, nice surprise otherwise. :tiphat:  
Thank you very much for your prompt reply.

12 minutes ago, jpc said:

As far as I know, sauropod coracoids have a hole in them.  I don't see a hole in this one.  

@jpc makes a good point, which is why questions and TFF posts are so helpful. I think there was a hole and it’s along the fracture. There is two spots that look to me to possibly be half a hole. This is just my opinion however. Open to other opinions. 

In the first picture in the thread, this spot is upper right part of the bone. 

CEC1C99E-C019-465E-BC7A-8BFCBAB9C4D4.jpeg

670375E8-2881-47F0-B700-6F2F160F7321.jpeg

There is also a spot right in the middle that could be half a hole though this one seems less likely. 

C6030F6D-AC53-465B-BE10-2AFCF7CA1DAD.jpeg

Yep they all have some type of foramen but it can be close to where it was fused to the scapula.

In the illustration "B" is a Diplo so depending on where it broke off from the scapula the hole may not be completely visible.   

Screenshot_20210826-015649_Drive.jpg.34610bf2ff88454115e13b3dfae3e45d.jpg

Wedel et al. 2011