Request: A scan of Plate 9 from your hardcopy of USGS Professional Paper 203: STRATIGRAPHY AND FAUNA OF THE LOUISIANA LIMESTONE OF MISSOURI (WIlliams, 1943)

pefty

Hey all, I'm hoping that one of you has access to a page that's missing from the online pdf version of USGS Professional Paper 203: James Williams' 1943 STRATIGRAPHY AND FAUNA OF THE LOUISIANA LIMESTONE OF MISSOURI.

The missing page is Plate 9. I have everything else, so if you happen to have access to a hardcopy version, just scan the plate and post it here, thanks so much!

DPS Ammonite
Fossildude19

Looks like the Google Books version has a bunch of illustrations blacked out, for some reason.  :headscratch:

Plate 9.JPG

plate9-2.jpg

plate9-3.jpg

• I found this Informative 1
  • Thank You 1

Thank you so much DPSA! This is actually a much better scan overall :)

2 minutes ago, Fossildude19 said:

Looks like the Google Books version has a bunch of illustrations blacked out, for some reason.  :headscratch:

Yes, the Google scanner seems to have recognized only a few of the figures in each plate as full grayscale; the rest got incorrectly recognized as monocrhome/binary :\

So much for AI....

• I Agree 2
DPS Ammonite
9 minutes ago, Fossildude19 said:

Plate 9.JPG

Owning hard copies of real books is not dead as long as scans of photos and diagrams are so poor. 

The difference in quality of the fossil photos in #9 is so extreme. I wonder if they look so poor in a good quality scan?