3 replies to this topic

#1 jsw

jsw

Advanced Member

• Regular Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted 23 February 2010 - 12:34 PM

I've been looking for a good fossil book about the fossils of CA, specifically northern CA. I'm mainly interested in shark's teeth, but will collect pretty much any type of fossil. If you know of any such books and can suggest some to me I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks.
- Josh

#2 siteseer

siteseer

Member of the Month July 2010

• Regular Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,192 posts

Awards

Posted 24 February 2010 - 06:10 PM

I've been looking for a good fossil book about the fossils of CA, specifically northern CA. I'm mainly interested in shark's teeth, but will collect pretty much any type of fossil. If you know of any such books and can suggest some to me I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks.

There really aren't any except for that booklet on sharks from Scotts Valley I told you about in another thread and an out-of-print book on the fossil of the Santa Cruz area. There is that book on dinosaurs of California, and of course, some technical papers on various fossils.

#3 jsw

jsw

Advanced Member

• Regular Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted 25 February 2010 - 12:36 PM

Thaks for the reply. I will make it a point of picking up that booklet next time I'm down near Santa Cruz. I've been looking at that book on the Dinosaurs of CA. I might pick up a copy if I can find a good price for it.

- Josh
- Josh

#4 Jim

Jim

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 March 2010 - 10:05 AM

Hello jsw:

I am a part-time geoscience used book seller and have some titles for sale that may be of interest. They are:
1. USGS Professional Paper 1521 "Stratigraphy of the Cretaceous Hornbeck Formation, southern Oregon and Northern California" by Nilsen, 1993. The Hornbeck Fm contains abundant fossils within its marine strata this publication could help you find them. Good condition. $15
2. USGS Professional Paper 647_A "Structural and Stratigraphic Significance of the Buchia Zones in the Colyer Springs Paskenta Area, California" by Jones et.al. 1969. Gives exacting location descriptions and details for over 90 fossil localities in the Mesozoic strata of the region. Very good condition. $15
3. "Rugose Corals (Coelenterata, Anthozoa) from the Lower Permian McCloud Limestone at Tombstone Mountain, Northern California" by Wilson, 1985. Study includes both locality and taxonomy information. 11 pages, nicely illustrated. $10
4. "Tertiary Paleontology and stratigraphy of the central Santa Cruz Mountains (field trip guidebook for GSA Cordilleran Section meeting of 1979)" by Clark, et.al. 1979. Good condition. $10
Price includes CA sales tax and free shipping. You can contact me at Millsgeological@hughes.net if interested. Regards, Jim

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users