Jump to content

Recommended Posts

I would wait for a better one if I were you, now that you have one in hand already.  The new one is similar, with much worn-out bones, and the thick white line (either it's broken and glued, or a calcite vein, I couldn't see it clearly to tell) doesn't look nice.  I can't help but show you what a good looking Keichousaurus looks like, you can compare and wait for a better one.

IMG_9571.JPG

IMG_8624.JPG

  • Thank You 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, RobFallen said:

So I finally get one when I couldn't find one for years and now a 2nd is available at an ok price elsewhere lol what is your thoughts on this one guys? I have space for two of them no problem ;) feel free to tell me to shut up about these fossils if required lol however they are current favourites along with my mammoth teeth 

241998923_378168754036520_3289353618155852839_n.jpg

242139067_569839027797246_7609712037242550280_n.jpg

242149084_1247833688975279_1243023396990656701_n.jpg

Lol please dont! I think we are all (most especially myself) am really learning about the range of quality one must look for with these types of fossils. I think this thread definitely serves as a good reference guide for those such as myself, who would like to own one in the future. And for your peace of mind, I think the community would be happy to assist you with your decision if it helps!

 

And in my opinion, I think I would save up for one (even if that means I wont have two) of highest quality that my budget would allow. :)

 

Edit: Whoops didnt see you already bought the first one. Congrats! And as Crazyhen said, since you already have one, Id probably look for a highest quality one that is within my price range. 

 

Edited by carch_23
  • Thank You 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Crazyhen said:

I would wait for a better one if I were you, now that you have one in hand already.  The new one is similar, with much worn-out bones, and the thick white line (either it's broken and glued, or a calcite vein, I couldn't see it clearly to tell) doesn't look nice.  I can't help but show you what a good looking Keichousaurus looks like, you can compare and wait for a better one.

IMG_9571.JPG

IMG_8624.JPG


A bit smaller than the one I have but very nice, may I ask what these cost in China? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, carch_23 said:

Lol please dont! I think we are all (most especially myself) am really learning about the range of quality one must look for with these types of fossils. I think this thread definitely serves as a good reference guide for those such as myself, who would like to own one in the future. And for your peace of mind, I think the community would be happy to assist you with your decision if it helps!

 

And in my opinion, I think I would save up for one (even if that means I wont have two) of highest quality that my budget would allow. :)

 

Edit: Whoops didnt see you already bought the first one. Congrats! And as Crazyhen said, since you already have one, Id probably look for a highest quality one that is within my price range. 

 

 

Hah yes I did buy one supposed to be the first but ended up with another one, which has grown on me :P im still looking, i've decided two is a good number so may spam this post more in time lol

  • Enjoyed 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/17/2021 at 1:27 AM, Crazyhen said:

the thick white line (either it's broken and glued, or a calcite vein, I couldn't see it clearly to tell) doesn't look nice.

 

 

I managed to get a pic of the back from the seller, it could be calcite maybe?

242225402_372990737799286_4206480188614081761_n.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/18/2021 at 10:45 PM, RobFallen said:

I managed to get a pic of the back from the seller, it could be calcite maybe?

242225402_372990737799286_4206480188614081761_n.jpg

Looks like it's broken and glued back to me.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...