Animal bone - please help with ID

Dandelion_Sidhe

Hi. So, I have a couple of pieces of animal bone that I cannot identify - I feel like I should know what they are but just can't quite put my finger on it.

They were located in Lincolnshire, England, and I'm after the type of bone they are and possibly the animal - although large (cattle sized), medium (sheep sized) or small (rabbit sized) would also work for what I need them for.

I will post each individual bone in a separate post to make it easier to identify.

This one is approximately 45mm long. Please forgive the photos being taken in two different locations - I realised the initial ones on the scales were not showing enough of the bone itself. I think it's possibly a joint of some kind?

PXL_20210909_182158260.jpg

PXL_20210909_182202826.jpg

PXL_20210909_182211669.jpg

PXL_20210908_144444979.jpg

PXL_20210908_144426940.jpg

PXL_20210908_144434990.jpg

rib head.  This is the end of the rib that attaches to the vertebrae.  The animal may not be identifiable from a rib piece, but I would say bigger than a rabbit, maybe fox or cat or dog.  

4 minutes ago, jpc said:

rib head.  This is the end of the rib that attaches to the vertebrae.  The animal may not be identifiable from a rib piece, but I would say bigger than a rabbit, maybe fox or cat or dog.  

@jpc That's perfect, thank you so much! I've been driving myself up the wall trying to figure out what it was. The specific animal isn't wholly necessary, as long as I can give an approximate size

Thank you again! :)