Lake Texoma & Post Oak Creek

Creek - Don

Spent Saturday afternoon visiting Lake Texoma and Post Oak Creek.   Overall not a bad day.  Found some decent ammonite and rare Paraisurus tooth at the Texoma.  Also found nice shark tooth from the Post Oak creek.  

Always nice size ammonites exposed on the surface at the Ammonite Beach.  Water levels pretty low. About 6 feet under.  

Capture3.JPG

Nice looking Paraisurus tooth from the Duck Creek Lake Texoma.   Last time I found one was back in 2019.  This was a nice find for me. 

Capture1.JPG

Nice decent shark & fish teeth from Post Oak.   I found all these within first 15 minutes I got there, but then nothing.  For less than an hour, not too bad!. 

Capture2.JPG

Edited by Creek - Don
  • Enjoyed 5

Nice Paraisurus!

Interesting, I thought the water levels at Texoma were high when I looked online the other week. Maybe the reservoir levels provided on Water Data for Texas aren't a good indicator for that area. Hope I can get back out that way soon.

7 hours ago, Thomas.Dodson said:

Nice Paraisurus!

Interesting, I thought the water levels at Texoma were high when I looked online the other week. Maybe the reservoir levels provided on Water Data for Texas aren't a good indicator for that area. Hope I can get back out that way soon.

Thanks.  I don't trust the water gauge reports,  just have to go see your self.    You can clearly see the nice size ammonites one edge of the  shore line.  You may need decent size crowbar , pick ax , or hammer drill , to pry loose some of them. Most ones on the the surface has been taken though, but ones sticking out on the edge needs some work done to get it out.