Possible coprolite?

Mike_363

I've started finding these on my East Texas property recently. Pictures of two different rocks are attached.

One of the forms in the rocks is crystallized. Picked up off the ground where there's iron ore and hematite. Your feedback is appreciated.

207061833_20210912_0640282.thumb.jpg.4c9a2f6841cbfc5507acc54f0d8006e5.jpg

20210912_064013~2.jpg

20210912_064202~2.jpg

20210912_074455.jpg

Bivalve (maybe rudist) fragments in a stone?

• I Agree 1

" We are not separate and independent entities, but like links in a chain, and we could not by any means be what we are without those who went before us and showed us the way. "

Thomas Mann

My Library

I've looked at a map and I'm in the middle of the weches formation. I When I look at these I wondered if some kind of bottom feeder left them. They look so full of little worms and other things that may be in water. But thanks for the feedback guys 

If the sediments are from the K-Pg mass extinction level, there could be a good chance for rudist bivalve fragments in the deposited sediment, IMO.

" We are not separate and independent entities, but like links in a chain, and we could not by any means be what we are without those who went before us and showed us the way. "

Thomas Mann

My Library

On 9/12/2021 at 4:35 PM, Mike_363 said:

They look so full of little worms and other things that may be in water.

Think of what you see as the eroded cross sections of fossil shell hash.  Sometimes pieces of this 'shelly' matrix are harder than others and erode as isolated stones.

The human mind has the ability to believe anything is true.  -  JJ