Tips on displaying?

Jurassicz1

So i got some display cabinets but i'm not sure how to display it. I have many bought fossils and found. I got shark teeth mostly, But also amber, Fish, Dino, Reptiles and more. 

So i wonder how you guys display your fossils? Maybe post some pictures? So i can get some inspiration.

Check out these topics for inspiration: 

FOSSIL DISPLAY

• I found this Informative 2

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015  

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me      

I'll take some pics of what I have tonight and post them up (it's just after 1pm here)

With the mirror and reflective glass, it helps if the room is dark to minimise reflections 

I have found that rikers, shark teeth specific stands (especially nice for a large meg), acrylic riser stands, membrane cases and if you have access to a place to get your teeth molded onto a custom metal stand would be nice.

And i have also found that good lighting plays a really big part of the display appeal. 

This is mine, not a very large collection but it's easily displayed in just one cabinet (I removed the glass sliding doors for the pics to try remove some reflections).

It's almost impossible to tell what is going on with the lighting from the pics.... the "roof" of the cabinet has a recessed section, I have 2 strips of colour changing LED lights up there, sp you can never directly see my lighting but mirrors and glass panels will always reflect. 
Photos honestly do not do this set up justice, you need to see it in the flesh to fully appreciate it. 

The cabinet is a "Queen Anne" style, not for everyone but I didn't want a modern look. 

Cabinet01.jpg

Cabinet02.jpg

Cabinet03.jpg

Cabinet04.jpg

Cabinet05.jpg

• Enjoyed 4

5 hours ago, carch_23 said:

I have found that rikers, shark teeth specific stands (especially nice for a large meg), acrylic riser stands, membrane cases and if you have access to a place to get your teeth molded onto a custom metal stand would be nice.

And i have also found that good lighting plays a really big part of the display appeal. 

Yeah i only got one riker box as they are not sold in Europe. But yes i'm planning on fixing lightning on my displays 

47 minutes ago, Gareth_ said:

This is mine, not a very large collection but it's easily displayed in just one cabinet (I removed the glass sliding doors for the pics to try remove some reflections).

It's almost impossible to tell what is going on with the lighting from the pics.... the "roof" of the cabinet has a recessed section, I have 2 strips of colour changing LED lights up there, sp you can never directly see my lighting but mirrors and glass panels will always reflect. 
Photos honestly do not do this set up justice, you need to see it in the flesh to fully appreciate it. 

The cabinet is a "Queen Anne" style, not for everyone but I didn't want a modern look. 

Cabinet01.jpg

Cabinet02.jpg

Cabinet03.jpg

Cabinet04.jpg

Cabinet05.jpg

Nice display!

• Thank You 1

5 hours ago, Jurassicz said:

Yeah i only got one riker box as they are not sold in Europe. But yes i'm planning on fixing lightning on my displays 

I found this topic about Riker mounts in Europe, if you’re interested in getting more. :)