Chilotherium Rhino Skull

Sofyar

Hey guys I found an impressive looking Chilotherium rhino fossil skull and was wondering what you think about it, how does it look in terms of restoration and repair. Thanks!

H0107-L265534757_original.jpg

H0107-L266117105_original.jpg

It is impressive, but it is mostly a work of art. The only thing that looks real to my eyes are the teeth in the mandible, which have been added in. I personally would not purchase this one. There may be bits of bone in the sculpt, but all in all this is a poor specimen in my opinion.

• I Agree 3

1 hour ago, LabRatKing said:

It is impressive, but it is mostly a work of art. The only thing that looks real to my eyes are the teeth in the mandible, which have been added in. I personally would not purchase this one. There may be bits of bone in the sculpt, but all in all this is a poor specimen in my opinion.

Yeah it looked a bit too weird to me and too cheap. And you know what they say about fossil collecting, if it's too good to be true it's because it is.

Woah that's a real mess it's faster to say what is real from what is not. Teeth looks real, maybe some part of the nuchal crest and the mandible is real. If you use an uv light on it becomes a Christmas tree

• I Agree 3