upl8dave

Hi. I have always loved to look for fossils since I was a kid. I was looking for native fish species in a creek here in central Indiana when I came along this rock. It looks like it could be an insect fossil. Does anyone agree or disagree?

Thanks

fossil.JPG

I'd say it's geological. A product of weathering bringing a piece of harder mineral to the surface. Not seeing any veining or anything else to suggest a biological origin.

Accomplishing the impossible means only that the boss will add it to your regular duties.

Underneath the object seems to be one prominate black line, and at the bottom rear, a faint black line which could be legs. I also included a pic of the back of the rock.

fossil A.jpg

fossil B.jpg

Fossil C.jpg

Edited by upl8dave

Thanks for using ruler,  it's better to not hold it in your hand,  makes it harder to get clear image. Pretty sure there's no Insect or legs and it is geological as stated above, I'm not an expert but curious,  could you get close up of middle picture?

Thanks everyone. I'm at my limit on photographic closeness. I'm just going to pitch it in my fish tank to look at.