Spinosaurus Claw , fake or not...Vol.4

Hi, My name is Satoshi.

I want to study Spinosaurus fossils.

I think this fossil is not fake and high quality.But,very little.

What do you think, guys?

Please help. Thank you very much.

E08F9AD6-356F-44C4-B6DD-61B28C9A50B5.jpeg

6CED4DEB-29B3-4538-B909-2C1CE7B6A76C.jpeg

023DF840-B517-41CC-B840-75075DDAC09A.jpeg

D10066A3-B658-497D-9B9C-BAC50C957F70.jpeg

@Satoshi  On September 14 I asked you to read my last link in my signature. So this time I explain why.

Pedagogical message

Don't take your fossils in the hand to make your photos, it accentuates the blur of moving and the hands aren't a good indication of measurement, there are all sizes !

In addition to the origin and age of the terrain in which the fossils are found, size is also important for proper identification. I invite you to read my last link in my signature because if you don’t have a rule, print the document I made available and put your fossils on it before making your photos, making sure to leave a box with the apparent size ;)

Coco
Edited by Coco
  • Thank You 1

----------------------
OUTIL POUR MESURER VOS FOSSILES : ici

Ma bibliothèque PDF 1 (Poissons et sélaciens récents & fossiles) : ici
Ma bibliothèque PDF 2 (Animaux vivants - sans poissons ni sélaciens) : ici
Mâchoires sélaciennes récentes : ici
Hétérodontiques et sélaciens : ici
Oeufs sélaciens récents : ici
Otolithes de poissons récents ! ici

Un Greg...

Badges-IPFOTH.jpg.f4a8635cda47a3cc506743a8aabce700.jpg Badges-MOTM.jpg.461001e1a9db5dc29ca1c07a041a1a86.jpg

DESCRIPTION

Genus: Spinosaurus aegyptiacus | Spinosauridae.
Age: Cretaceous, Cenomanian-Turonian, 100,000,000 - 89,000,000 years.
Origin:  S.E.Morocco.

SIZE

L: 4.6 CM (mesial curvature)
L: 4.6 CM (direct proximal to distal point)
W: 0.7 CM
H: 1.4 CM
KG: 0.003

2 hours ago, Coco said:
@Satoshi  On September 14 I asked you to read my last link in my signature. So this time I explain why.

Pedagogical message

Don't take your fossils in the hand to make your photos, it accentuates the blur of moving and the hands aren't a good indication of measurement, there are all sizes !

In addition to the origin and age of the terrain in which the fossils are found, size is also important for proper identification. I invite you to read my last link in my signature because if you don’t have a rule, print the document I made available and put your fossils on it before making your photos, making sure to leave a box with the apparent size ;)

Coco

Coco, these are likely photos from a commercial dealer, and the OP probably has no control over how the photos are taken.  ;)

• Thank You 1

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015  

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me      

Sorry, I can't confirm if it's authentic.

But looking at the photos, it gives me the feeling that it is repaired, as if it were broken in half, and they had stuck it, I am even thinking of a composition of two teeth, because it gives me the feeling that the tonality and texture of the teeth changes. two parts, (but that may be due to the lights when taking the photo).:zzzzscratchchin:

Wait for the responses of the most qualified members. 

• Thank You 1

Lots of red flags...too much graining on the surface especially the distal part of the claw,  the bloodgrooves should not be flat to the sides all the way toward the tip, might be a composite the dorsal area around the break repair appears to dip.

• Thank You 1

41 minutes ago, Fossildude19 said:

Coco, these are likely photos from a commercial dealer, and the OP probably has no control over how the photos are taken.  ;)

Thank you for telling me instead!

• Enjoyed 1

15 minutes ago, Paleorunner said:

Sorry, I can't confirm if it's authentic.

But looking at the photos, it gives me the feeling that it is repaired, as if it were broken in half, and they had stuck it, I am even thinking of a composition of two teeth, because it gives me the feeling that the tonality and texture of the teeth changes. two parts, (but that may be due to the lights when taking the photo).:zzzzscratchchin:

Wait for the responses of the most qualified members. 

I thought so too!  Thanks for your comment!

4 minutes ago, Troodon said:

Lots of red flags...too much graining on the surface especially the distal part of the claw,  the bloodgrooves should not be flat to the sides all the way toward the tip, might be a composite the dorsal area around the break repair appears to dip.

It's a stone's throw!  Your message will be very educational!  thank you!