Another Keichousaurus! What do you think? :)

Cap Spaulding

Hi guys :)

I'm new here! Hope to find everybody well! I just want to ask for your feedback around a specimen of Keichousaurus I'm nearly to buy.

What do you think? Does it seems real and legit to you?

Many thanks for your kind feedback.

Cap

IMG_7255.jpg

IMG_7256.jpg

IMG_7257.jpg

IMG_7258.jpg

IMG_7259.jpg

Welcome to TFF from Austria!

@Cap Spaulding, first of all, please remove all that words after "buy". No mentioning of sellers etc. here on TFF1

Second, its real, and its not the worst and not the best. Some painting could be involved, though.

Franz Bernhard

• I found this Informative 1
  • Thank You 1

17 minutes ago, FranzBernhard said:

Welcome to TFF from Austria!

@Cap Spaulding, first of all, please remove all that words after "buy". No mentioning of sellers etc. here on TFF1

Second, its real, and its not the worst and not the best. Some painting could be involved, though.

Franz Bernhard

Thanks for the head-up Franz :) I've edit the post. Yeah I was thinking the same about paining, it's pretty defined.

If you have to evaluate the pice, what is the range you have in mind? (€) Just to understand if I'm paying to much for it. Thanks again, Cap

Thanks!

Sorry, prices are also not discussed on TFF*. Try to look around via google search or on (y)our prefered auction site.

*Some members could be willing to discuss this via pm. I am not one of these, because I only self collect.

Franz Bernhard

Edited by FranzBernhard
  • I found this Informative 1
  • Thank You 1

3 minutes ago, FranzBernhard said:

Thanks!

Sorry, prices are also not discussed on TFF*. Try to look around via google search or on (y)our prefrered auction site.

*Some members could be willing to discuss this via pm, I am not one of these, because I only self collect.

Franz Bernhard

Fair enough :) Thanks again Franz for your kindness and rules reminder! All the best!

• Thank You 1

Reminder: Please do not post word for word Advertisement verbiage. ;)

The hands and feet look painted on to me, but otherwise looks like a real specimen.

• I found this Informative 2

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015  

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me      

4 minutes ago, Fossildude19 said:

Reminder: Please do not post word for word Advertisement verbiage. ;)

The hands and feet look painted on to me, but otherwise looks like a real specimen.

Thanks buddy for the reminder :) From what do you suggest hands and feets are painted? As, they are more black and precise from the rest of the body?

Often, the delicate bones of the feet and hands are either missing, or are destroyed by the preparation processes used.

In such instances, the preparator will paint them on to make a more eye pleasing specimen.

In this reverse image of the specimen, the arms and legs are a bright white, while the rest of the untouched bones are yellow-ish tinted.

IMG_7255thumb-rev.jpg

IMG_7258.thumbrev.jpg

IMG_7259.thumb-rev.jpg

• I found this Informative 3
  • Thank You 1

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015  

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me      

4 minutes ago, Fossildude19 said:

Often, the delicate bones of the feet and hands are either missing, or are destroyed by the preparation processes used.

In such instances, the preparator will paint them on to make a more eye pleasing specimen.

In this reverse image of the specimen, the arms and legs are a bright white, while the rest of the untouched bones are yellow-ish tinted.

WOW! Now I see :) Thanks for your answer and time spent on it! Amazing community <3

10 minutes ago, Fossildude19 said:

In this reverse image of the specimen,

Haha it looks like Halloween  Skeleton Costumes now. 

• Enjoyed 2

2 hours ago, Fossildude19 said:

........look painted on to me

The broken ribs, especially upper right,  also look suspect to me.

13 minutes ago, NCSTer said:

The broken ribs, especially upper right,  also look suspect to me.

Ok guys you got me, I won't proceed to but it :D Thanks to everyone for your kind feedback!

Greetings! 

The specimen itself is genuine, but I don't recommend buying this one or similar specimen. 

The preparation of such kind specimen is done by farmers who have little anatomical knowledge, so what they did is washing the specimen with strong industrial acid, which destroyed the details of the fossil. To make specimen stands out after acid-washing, they gave the bones a layer of black painting (usually shoe oils) to make them looks "good". 

What I recommend is buying Keichousaurus fossils that are not restored and restore them by either yourself or professionals......

• I found this Informative 3