What is this amber inclusion? It looks like some sort of head

DardS8Br

Dard ,are you willing to divulge more information(provenance,possibly stratigraphy and/or regional geology),and why you think there's a possibility it is a head

6 minutes ago, doushantuo said:

Dard ,are you willing to divulge more information(provenance,possibly stratigraphy and/or regional geology),and why you think there's a possibility it is a head

It’s a piece of burmite amber. The shape of the inclusion looks very head shaped to me

Can you show a closeup of the area in the red circle please?

B05E3F2A-4F6A-4782-914C-15E609B26345.thumb.jpeg.addc91a7f395f0734b9102b3068dedf4.jpeg

Accomplishing the impossible means only that the boss will add it to your regular duties.

4 hours ago, DardS8Br said:

The first image of my original post was a closeup of that

Ok, I see that now. The image is flipped. I don't think it's a head, looks more like possible vegetation. I can see the head "shape", but blowing up the image almost to the point of blurring, I'm not seeing bone. It looks almost like a long moss of some sort. Still cool, no matter what. :look:

• I Agree 1

Accomplishing the impossible means only that the boss will add it to your regular duties.

What kind of head are you alking about? Insect, vertebrate?

The dark "strings" do look like insect or plant parts to me, while the shape you circled is somewhat triangular and reminds of a lizard head (only in general shape, the fine structure seems to be made of these dark strings and fractures as far as I can see in the first pic.

Best Regards,

J

• I Agree 1

Try to learn something about everything and everything about something

Thomas Henry Huxley