Need help to ID this sauropod tooth

Guns

Hi everyone . I recently acquired this sauropod tooth from France came from an old Ex-museum collection and was found in "Charente region , France"

labeled from previous owner as Bothriospondylus cf.madagascarensis But after i did some research the only paper i can found was paper in 2007 "Dinosaur teeth from the Cenomanian of Charentes, Western France: evidence for a mixed Laurasian-Gondwanan assemblage" from an Abstract of this paper there were six dinosaur taxa described from this location Carcharodontosauridae indet., Dromaeosauridae indet., Troodontidae indet., Brachiosauridae indet., Iguanodontoidea indet., and Nodosauridae indet.  So... my question is what should i label this sauropod tooth ??? 

note : this tooth is 1.75 " in length include the root.

thanks in advance 

Guns

358698.thumb.jpg.e2b85b9aa91a34af84dc6907e5441339.jpg358699.thumb.jpg.32090cc48b20dd10a6787d035a2f760d.jpg358700.thumb.jpg.85ac9097d5a568e5bb9bdb052656c8fb.jpg358701.thumb.jpg.16d69a984619d94992222bd67d3d9c9b.jpg358702.thumb.jpg.0e78b8f5a65e942008f71d5de26d4845.jpg358703.thumb.jpg.da09a9a1f9d5b3b088a3ea155db2bac7.jpg

• Fossildude19 changed the title to Need help to ID this sauropod tooth
Just now, Troodon said:

Are you certain about the provenance?  The tooth looks jurassic and Bothriospodylus is a jurassic sauropod. 

Hi Frank . it came from my trusted source .  more info on locality :  Bathonian stage , Upper Jurassic , Charente , France 

regard

Guns

I question the provenance and its a typical problem with most teeth from foreign localities.   Look, I'm far from being knowledgeable on French teeth since so little is described or published.   However from what is out there most Bathonian (its middle not upper Jurassic) deposits I believe are in eastern France not the western.   There is a paper that looks at the material from the Berrimian of Angeac (Charente region) that shows teeth similar to your, see photo.  It states that sauropod material is known from the region and the teeth in the photo are similar to Turiasaurus riodevensis from Spain.   So if you are comfortable with that you can call it as  an indeterminate Eusauropoda tooth or a indeterminate Turiasauria  which is a subgroup of the former.   Eusauropoda is a safer call since other sauropods are present in that deposits.   You cannot identify these isolated sauropod teeth much closer.

By the way very nice tooth, great pickup

Capture.thumb.JPG.727508bb864e0668f767c4e2a5b8e58d.JPG

Capture2.thumb.JPG.c2bff9c62667bc6bb7d50896a97411ef.JPG

The Hauteriviane Barremian lignitic bone bed of Angeac (Charente, south-west France): stratigraphical, palaeobiological and palaeogeographical implications.   D. Neraudeau et al. 2012

• Thank You 1

@Troodon  as always Thank you so much for the help and information you provide !

4 minutes ago, Troodon said:

I question the provenance and its a typical problem with most teeth from foreign localities

Yes sir . I know that the provenance info on the tooth from an uncommon location can sometime be problematic . But as a herbivore lover(esp. sauropod) i can't help but grab this tooth almost instantly after i saw it LoL :wub:

Regard

Guns