Sauroposeidon maybe? Can someone help identify?

jkazelis

Welcome to the Forum. :)

This looks like a sandstone type conglomerate.
Not seeing any fossil here, unfortunately.

• I Agree 4

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015  

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me      

What about the teeth. They are very distinct looking. And there was still some bone marrow looking substance on it. 

3 hours ago, Fossildude19 said:

Welcome to the Forum. :)

This looks like a sandstone type conglomerate.
Not seeing any fossil here, unfortunately.

I agree.  The 'teeth' are just more pebbles incorporated into the sandstone/conglomerate that are lined up for whatever reason.  Teeth, even fossil teeth, have enamel on them and that almost always fossilizes shinier than bones.  The internal structure is sand with cobbles, not internal bone texture.  

• I Agree 1

I also concur with the prior comments and that's lots of years of experience between those two.   I'll say that the rock is very suggestive especially with those pebbles sticking out.

I'm almost wondering if this isn't some sort of concrete.  :headscratch:

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015  

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me      

2 minutes ago, Fossildude19 said:

I'm almost wondering if this isn't some sort of concrete.  :headscratch:

This was what I first thought of when I looked at it.

What about the teeth. They are very distinct looking. And there was still some bone marrow looking substance on it. 

Not seeing any obvious fossils in this piece. But looks like it could be limestone, so it's the right kind of sedimentary rock that can preserve fossils. Also, some googling online I see there's some interesting places for fossil hunting in Wise County. If you can find some good outcrops of the Jasper Creek Shale formation you might find some interesting stuff that is Pennsylvanian age.

• I found this Informative 1

11 hours ago, jkazelis said:

Despite the suggestive placement in the concrete or conglomerate they just look like pebbles to me. I also don't see any bone structure. Teeth, even fossil teeth, generally have very distinctive characteristics, enamel for example. It's difficult to explain it visually but if you look at fossil teeth online from various animals you will get start to get an idea of what they look like.

I agree with JesseKoz that the second piece looks like a chunk of limestone. It's often known to preserve fossils in it but the piece itself isn't a fossil.

• I found this Informative 2