Cretaceous teeth from Montgomery Alabama

Notidanodon

Hi guys, recently bought these teeth as I hadn’t seen this preservation from Alabama before, I was wondering if anyone knew which formation they came from. Supposedly the site was accessible in the 90s thanks ;) 

3EC97A8F-E522-4B46-B9C6-2C5BA234C3C4.jpeg

• Enjoyed 1

Montgomery County in which the city of Montgomery is located is a big county. There are 4 formations that run through it. The color of your specimens suggest Demopolis Formation?

• I found this Informative 4

WELCOME TO ALL THE NEW MEMBERS!

If history repeats itself, I'm SO getting a dinosaur. ~unknown

www.rockinric81.wixsite.com/fossils

4 hours ago, Rockin' Ric said:

Montgomery County in which the city of Montgomery is located is a big county. There are 4 formations that run through it. The color of your specimens suggest Demopolis Formation?

Thanks, I’ll see if the seller knows any more ;) 

• 2 months later...
On 10/30/2021 at 8:19 AM, will stevenson said:

Hi guys, recently bought these teeth as I hadn’t seen this preservation from Alabama before, I was wondering if anyone knew which formation they came from. Supposedly the site was accessible in the 90s thanks ;) 

3EC97A8F-E522-4B46-B9C6-2C5BA234C3C4.jpeg

I know of the site referenced. Should be the Eutaw formation. There are numerous specimens from this site in the Alabama Museum of Natural History. I don't recall the exact data for the site, but the site itself does not exist anymore unfortunately. I saw the seller you're referring to and his teeth match up perfectly with the taphonomy for the site. 

8 hours ago, Chase_E said:

I know of the site referenced. Should be the Eutaw formation. There are numerous specimens from this site in the Alabama Museum of Natural History. I don't recall the exact data for the site, but the site itself does not exist anymore unfortunately. I saw the seller you're referring to and his teeth match up perfectly with the taphonomy for the site. 

Hi Chase, thankyou for your info! would you know any more precise location data? thanks again :)