Wyoming Molar and Canine

Stevoflinn

Stumbled across these fossils on a hillside in the Badlands of the bighorn basin Wyoming I have looked at fossil records for identification of these teeth nothing I have come across so far has been comparable to this size besides ancient rhinoceros any information on this would be helpful all teeth were found together in a washout ditch only inches from one another

20211028_064953.jpg

20211028_065334.jpg

20211030_170104.jpg

unfortunately I don't think I see indication of a fossil here - rather, your find is geologic in origin. Perhaps another member on here might spot something different.

• I Agree 2

“Not only is the universe stranger than we think, it is stranger than we can think” -Werner Heisenberg 

Wrong size and shape, no sign of enamel, can't see any teeth here, I'm afraid.  

Life's Good!

Tortoise Friend.

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png.a47e14d65deb3f8b242019b3a81d8160-1.png.60b8b8c07f6fa194511f8b7cfb7cc190.png

As a seasoned Wyoming fossiler, I have to agree with the others.  Enamel on teeth is fairly shiny in life.  When teeth are fossilized, the enamel remains shiny, (although rarely white).  I dee no enamel here.  I also don't see anyboe texture, so I think these are rocks.  

I work at the Tate Geological Museum in Casper and one of the things we do is ID rocks and fossils for folks... bring them by if you get a chance.