Need help with identification

Kshields

Found near Lake Huron Ontario. I can see the symmetry and the darker pieces on top and that they coincide with the curved spacing below. Hard to see in pics but I’ll do my best to show. I pointed out the two less obvious in the possibility it help in identifying due to the structure etc. The other is the lighter grey square that is more obvious and visible. Thank you 

image.thumb.jpg.675c65ae5cad9b15b4914bf8966cd34c.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

F846E413-8B65-4829-B741-2CA228EC354A.jpeg

AD6A1CD7-4596-4688-9C08-FEDB556DE1FD.jpeg

Possibly an artifact of non-biologic geologic processes as opposed to a fossil. Finding vertebrate fossils around lake Huron is not likely, save for Pleistocene erratics and Devonian placoderms. If you could narrow this down to county level, I could probably tell you more about the bedrock's geologic age.

• I found this Informative 1

...How to Philosophize with a Hammer

1 minute ago, Kane said:

Possibly an artifact of non-biologic geologic processes as opposed to a fossil. Finding vertebrate fossils around lake Huron is not likely, save for Pleistocene erratics and Devonian placoderms. If you could narrow this down to county level, I could probably tell you more about the bedrock's geologic age.

I found it just down from the main beach of Grand Bend ont 

The rocks there are mostly Mid-Devonian in age, Hamilton Group. That being said, slightly older limestones and dolostones do occasionally wash up there.

• I found this Informative 1

...How to Philosophize with a Hammer