What type of fossil is this?

Rubykicks

Can any of you tell me what type of fossil this might be?  I found it in Shelbyville, Indiana in the mud. As I soaked it, the holes started appearing and where the holes are, there is flash. Of course, my eyes instantly played tricks on me because it looks like a skull of some kind, but I don't trust my eyes anymore. Some of the pictures I took with the flash and then some without hoping for the best views. Thank you in advance!

20211103_124848.jpg

20211103_124851.jpg

20211103_124909.jpg

20211103_124913.jpg

20211103_124924.jpg

20211103_125005.jpg

20211103_125019_HDR.jpg

20211103_125057_HDR.jpg

20211103_125116_HDR.jpg

20211103_125128_HDR.jpg

20211103_125249.jpg

I don´t think that this is anything fossil-ish.

It looks more like a fine-grained igneous (aplite?) rock with some quartz to me. But I could be wrong, though.

33 minutes ago, Rubykicks said:

my eyes instantly played tricks on me because it looks like a skull of some kind, but I don't trust my eyes anymore.

I think, I can even see two types of skull :). But this is all in our mind, we are hardwired to see such things. Its called Pareidolia (link to wikipedia), you may already know that.

Franz Bernhard

17 minutes ago, FranzBernhard said:

I don´t think that this is anything fossil-ish.

It looks more like a fine-grained igneous (aplite?) rock with some quartz to me. But I could be wrong, though.

I think, I can even see two types of skull :). But this is all in our mind, we are hardwired to see such things. Its called Pareidolia (link to wikipedia), you may already know that.

Franz Bernhard

I did know that. But thank you all the same. :) So do you think this is any type of fossil?

11 minutes ago, Rubykicks said:

So do you think this is any type of fossil?

No, to me, it looks like a fine-grained igneous rocks with some quartz. But this opinion is only based on the pics and I could be wrong, of course. At least, it is not a skull ;).

Franz Bernhard

8 minutes ago, FranzBernhard said:

No, to me, it looks like a fine-grained igneous rocks with some quartz. But this opinion is only based on the pics and I could be wrong, of course. At least, it is not a skull ;).

Franz Bernhard

Thanks so much!  I just now saw that you had already answered that. Sorry for asking again. 

Give us some sharp close ups please of the inclusions. This looks like chert after limestone to me with possible fossil inclusions. If you get a consensus of just a rock then I'd say you can carefully break it and see what's inside. Not a skull as Franz has said.