Is this hadrosaur vertebra real?

Jurassicz1

Found this at a fossil selling website. Hadrosaur vertebra. 

Info: 

Hadrosaurus

Upper Cretaceous (Campanian)

83-72 myo

Alberta, Canada. 

616360998_Screenshot_20211106-194254_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.8b63ac4b9b66cc22d1e80e7554533484.jpg1305064716_Screenshot_20211106-194301_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.02b271161f49d335af77aa01a0d04c20.jpg514248320_Screenshot_20211106-194305_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.b47810702feb89b38af16401382250ae.jpg240257619_Screenshot_20211106-194309_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.799f64c26d0d3e5175cf1a44a1c93b05.jpg

Yes it looks like a caudal centrum of an indeterminate hadrosaurid.   Its not a hadrosaurus that genus is found in eastern part of the United States.   Since its from Alberta you need a disposition to be able to legally obtain it.

• JohnJ changed the title to Is this hadrosaur vertebra real?
51 minutes ago, Troodon said:

Yes it looks like a caudal centrum of an indeterminate hadrosaurid.   Its not a hadrosaurus that genus is found in eastern part of the United States.   Since its from Alberta you need a disposition to be able to legally obtain it.

Does disposition mean code? If so I cant find any code on the item.

All dinosaur fossils (and others) that leave the province of Alberta must get the approval of the government.  With dinosaur fossils they are submitted to the Royal Tyrrell Museum that review the certificate and provide a disposition number that authorizes it can leave the province.  Your seller must have that disposition number to legally sell it.

• I found this Informative 2

4 hours ago, Troodon said:

Since its from Alberta you need a disposition to be able to legally obtain it.

One curiosity in regards to disposition. Don't specimens from old English (and possibly some American) collections exist that would lack disposition? I know English collections tend to be quite old and they've collected stuff from just about everywhere. Unless this law is equally old. I see English dealers offloading all kinds of obscure stuff from old collections all the time.

• I found this Informative 1

45 minutes ago, Kikokuryu said:

One curiosity in regards to disposition. Don't specimens from old English (and possibly some American) collections exist that would lack disposition? I know English collections tend to be quite old and they've collected stuff from just about everywhere. Unless this law is equally old. I see English dealers offloading all kinds of obscure stuff from old collections all the time.

Well thats possible but my guess is that those claims are typically made by dealers that dont have dispositions and those statements would be made upfront. 

Just passing on the current rules, not all the what if's

• I found this Informative 1
  • Enjoyed 1