Ice age Horse Hippidion Vertebra?

CEP

I found this vertebrae near Tupelo Mississippi. It looks and feels ancient but is not fossilized. I looked to compare and the closest thing I could find was the Hippidius horse? but measurements are more of a modern horse size (its about 11" across).  Maybe it's modern and just got into some minerals to make it look older. 

vert4.thumb.jpeg.85b74c75d48b149d01cab58be3c584ef.jpegVert1.thumb.jpeg.baf5f54ea78f23c89b4b62898dce1b41.jpegvert7.thumb.jpeg.077772dc42ba24da1b6055855c2fba6a.jpegvert6.thumb.jpeg.92752f3befd78a11b464cf5fe94a2bb5.jpeg

vert2.thumb.jpeg.72eb727bff770604ab96594bc4a4abc6.jpeg

That is a very nice lumbar vertebra you have there. I’m not positive what it is, but it is not modern horse. I don’t know anything about Hippidius, but generally earlier versions of the horse were smaller than modern horses and this bone is too big for even a modern horse (unless there is some breed with significantly wider lumbar vertebra than what I have). I think this is more similar to bison or elk (less likely) based on the size and shape of the mammillary processes (two “circular” processes in third picture). I would do some searching in that direction. 

Check out out this link:  https://virtual.imnh.iri.isu.edu/Osteo/View/American_Bison/661

Edited by ClearLake
Added link