Pterosaur bone (Khouribga, Morocco)

Jurassicz1

Hi! I was wondering if this fossil Pterosaur is real.

This is a Pterosaur bone from Khouribga, Morocco, species name is Alcione elainus and is from the upper Cretaceous (Maastrichtian)

Anyone that can tell me if this is faked or restored in any way?

Screenshot_20211111-143122_Gallery.thumb.jpg.8dac3c74765bcc50018a686fbaa213da.jpgScreenshot_20211111-143252_Gallery.thumb.jpg.ac8457b073b20b50fc08575b3f4b03c8.jpg

The pictures are really small and blurry. Hard to see if there is any repair/resto. From what I can see, it looks alright. How do you know it is pterosaur bone? Also, how is it being diagnosed at the species level? 

5 minutes ago, Praefectus said:

The pictures are really small and blurry. Hard to see if there is any repair/resto. From what I can see, it looks alright. How do you know it is pterosaur bone? Also, how is it being diagnosed at the species level? 

The seller says its Pterosaur. I also thought about how it is diagnosed to a species level when there is not so much bone. Do you think this bone is worth it?

I am not sure it is pterosaur. It could have come from any number of Moroccan phosphate critters. Without a diagnostic feature, it is unidentifiable. 

3 minutes ago, Jurassicz said:

Do you think this bone is worth it?

That is up to you. Depends if the fossil speaks out to you or not. :Smiling:

Like Praefectus said the photos are inadequate to say much.  Need HD closeups of the broken ends and sharper overall images.  Have you asked the seller to show you the publication he used to ID it :Horrified: 

2 hours ago, Troodon said:

Like Praefectus said the photos are inadequate to say much.  Need HD closeups of the broken ends and sharper overall images.  Have you asked the seller to show you the publication he used to ID it :Horrified: 

I can send him an email. The only info he has other than the fossil is a link to moroccan phosphate books he sells. Not sure if thats considerd a publication? 

19 hours ago, Troodon said:

Also there is not more pictures than those two. I have zoomed in on one of the pictures if that helps 

Screenshot_20211111-203603_Gallery.thumb.jpg.3c56b1e9d6162d15032cc3371de4c11c.jpg

I dunno which species or exactly which bone this is.

But it does look like it's a limb bone of some type of pterosaur. The collapsed hollow bone is a fairly typical condition for pterosaur bones of this area.

Olof Moleman AKA Lord Trilobite

8 hours ago, LordTrilobite said:

I dunno which species or exactly which bone this is.

But it does look like it's a limb bone of some type of pterosaur. The collapsed hollow bone is a fairly typical condition for pterosaur bones of this area.

Ok. So I'm getting a bigger Pterosaur collection. Is this worth it or should I look for a better one? And what should I label it? Pterosaur indet.?