Dolphin teeth Caldera, Chile

Jurassicz1

I found these for sale. Some Dolphin teeth from Caldera, Chile, Miocene. Are they real? And if so are they from the Bahia Inglesa Formation?

Adriano

Screenshot_20211112-192226_Gallery.thumb.jpg.8cbcb4536ba22bdbf6b9a1b7f6fedf18.jpgScreenshot_20211112-192228_Gallery.thumb.jpg.7f5af544f5538b7f7d5a80524b613ec7.jpg

Yeah, they look real.  They seem to be in the range of colors you would see from Caldera but the only person who could confirm the formation is the person who collected them.  You can find teeth of those forms from the early-late Miocene and more recent.  We're not supposed to talk prices here so I'll just say I wouldn't pay a lot for them.

• I found this Informative 1

4 hours ago, siteseer said:

Yeah, they look real.  They seem to be in the range of colors you would see from Caldera but the only person who could confirm the formation is the person who collected them.  You can find teeth of those forms from the early-late Miocene and more recent.  We're not supposed to talk prices here so I'll just say I wouldn't pay a lot for them.

Yeah they are pretty cheap for fossils from caldera. I might get them not sure though but thanks for the answer! 

On 11/14/2021 at 2:59 AM, fossilhunter21 said:

These teeth look real to me. 

Ok thanks for the answer! So if I do get them should I label them as

Dolphin teeth 

Atacama Desert, Chile

Bahia Inglesa Formation

Miocene 

?

Yeah, you could just call them that.  Various small whales have teeth like those.  They can't be identified to genus.  They might belong to a whale not related to modern dolphins.