What do I need to know before buying fossils?

Daniel Fischer

As someone who almost never goes on trips (not by choice) it's hard to make paleontology a major part of my life. In fact I joined TFF in an attempt to make paleontology  for me more then just learning new things without interacting with people. But the fact I don't go on a lot of trips also means I do not have a lot of fossils so for a long time I was thinking about buying fossils. The problem is I don't know anything about fossil sales so I would love to get information about where can I buy fossils, what are good prices an that kind of stuff but honestly I just want to hear anything I should know or anything you want to tell me about fossil sales. 

• Fossildude19 changed the title to What do I need to know before buying fossils?
  • Fossildude19 locked this topic

We don't really discuss prices or sellers on the Forum.

People can PM you with this information. Feel free to PM Daniel with suggestions for dealers.

The main thing is to know what you are buying, and to figure that out, just post pictures of anything that interests you in the Is It Real forum. ;)

As far as prices are concerned, whatever you like, if you can afford it, then do what makes you happy, and buy if you desire to.

Topic Locked.

• I found this Informative 2
  • Thank You 2
  • I Agree 5

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015  

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me