Is this Ceratarges ziregensis Viersen real?

Georgemckenzie

The two left pygidial spines look carved, at around the point the matrix abruptly shifts in colour.

• I found this Informative 1

...How to Philosophize with a Hammer

5 minutes ago, Kane said:

The two left pygidial spines look carved, at around the point the matrix abruptly shifts in colour.

Thanks for the reply Kane is there anything, else u can notice? 

I’d need to see better, higher resolution images to make any further determinations.

...How to Philosophize with a Hammer

Yes, this trilobite looks a mess. The shell should be smooth-ish, that looks like it was prepped with a pick-axe. Which would also lead me to believe there is lots of repairs/restorations. Are they are upfront about it and priced right??

If you know whats up with it, repaired/restored/not perfect trilobite, and you're ok with its condition, consider if the price is what you want to pay. Don't know about your wishes but I know I will more then likely never be able to afford a good version of this bug.

If you want a good one, save your money! If your ok with this one's conditions (very poor!) knowing the cost of a nice one, that's your call. If you go that route make sure the cost is ok for you to get a beat up, abused trilobite.

My personal plan is to get a 3D printed repo of one like that. I'll know its fake but will look good since I'm not planning on ever being able to afford a real one :thumbsu: (but I sure wish I could!)

• Enjoyed 1