Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Paleorunner

Hello guys, I saw this Mosasaur tooth at an auction, and I fell in love, I know it is not perfect, but I would like to get it, I want to make sure that there is nothing more than what I am seeing with the naked eye. (some small breaks, the most important at the base of the tooth).
Do you see something else?

 

This is the information and photos of the seller.

 

Mosasaur: Leiodon Bauguei 68x37x37 millimeters
Upper Cretaceous (Maastrichtian).    Ouled Abdoum. Morocco.

 

 

3ad0b252-7346-42b6-a991-537360b0c88f.jpg.96051c255a5bbdf581f5f9d4b0dd4517.jpg8fa6cb16-3431-4e76-b9cc-8b51ad123149.jpg.105a659aab79710142828ad03ae85c1f.jpg55de9405-fd9b-449a-ab97-1c5e27afbbe7.jpg.9fedcd7e0d2e5fa19409b5125bf42541.jpg78d36d6e-002d-41b5-a8b4-26fc4d8d7bc9.jpg.0fcac94cf3454bf15aa8171486d54f77.jpg

 

Thank you very much for the answers.

  • Enjoyed 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

I think the tooth looks fine, I don't see any issues with it, base is just covered in matrix.   I'll let others verify the ID.

Not sure if its just a typo but its Ouled Abdoun Basin not Ouled Abdoum

  • Thank You 1
  • I Agree 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Paleorunner
Just now, Troodon said:

I think the tooth looks fine, I don't see any issues with it, base is just covered in matrix.   I'll let others verify the ID.

Not sure if its just a typo but its Ouled Abdoun Basin not Ouled Abdoum

 

Thank you very much for the reply.
Sorry, the mistake was mine, yes! is Abdoun. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

This looks just like the many, many small Mosasaur teeth I've seen - the bottom of the crown chipping showing layering, the texture, the hairline darker cracks in the crown, no red flags I can see. Very nice size too! 

 

  • Thank You 1
  • I Agree 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm no expert but for what its worth I agree.  Nothing appears to look unusual compared to other teeth out there.  Hope you win that auction!

  • Thank You 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Gareth_ said:

This looks just like the many, many small Mosasaur teeth I've seen - the bottom of the crown chipping showing layering, the texture, the hairline darker cracks in the crown, no red flags I can see. Very nice size too! 

 

Thank you @Gareth_ I will take note of the information. :Smiling:

Thanks again @Troodon :cool07:

@Tidgy's Dad @FB003  Thank you......................Yes ! It is very beautiful, and the size helps you like it more.
I also hope to win that bid, but I know it will not be easy or cheap ..... :fingerscrossed:

  • Enjoyed 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/25/2021 at 5:36 PM, FB003 said:

  Hope you win that auction!

 

Yuuuhhhuuuuu !!! it was for me! :egypt:
Thank you very much for your good wish, it has brought me luck. :D

  • Enjoyed 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Paleorunner said:

 

Yuuuhhhuuuuu !!! it was for me! :egypt:
Thank you very much for your good wish, it has brought me luck. :D

Excellent! Great news.

  • Thank You 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Praefectus said:

Hello. Tooth is real. The identification is Prognathodon sp. 

 

 

Thank you very much for the correction. It is appreciated that it has the correct name. :thumbsu:

(The typical mistake that sellers sometimes make).  :rolleyes:

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...