Attempt at Dino displays

patrickhudson

Decided to attempt some DIY Dino displays today.  Happy with how they turned out - as long as my three year old doesn’t get ahold of them.  I’m going to try the claw mount with some natural wood, maybe beach wood,  in the future and spend a bit more time on it - but the first try worked out somewhat.  
All personal Montana finds with my buddy and my 12 year old daughter.  All teeth are 100% natural except the largest brown one which has some minor repair, and the claws which have tip repair.   
also - I get that the tarsal bone (?) doesn’t fit the claw, but I’m no purist - and not that smart,  and for display purposes in my daughters room it looks cool enough.  Maybe if @Troodon wants to donate a proper bone to fit the claw I’ll fix it :) 

EA719E26-7377-464A-A56A-770B3423748C.jpeg

33412A57-3D48-4163-A482-FFDA5AE2B0E3.jpeg

85FC1183-16DC-4047-8F6A-6C46CBA6BCD9.jpeg

76B92749-B6CA-41F1-8DD1-C275869EFEAF.jpeg

• I found this Informative 3
  • Enjoyed 19
  • I Agree 1

2 hours ago, FB003 said:

What did you use for them to float in the frame like that?

It might be blasphemous - but double sided clear 3m tape.  A tiny piece does the trick - and I haven’t had any issues in the past damaging anything.  

• Enjoyed 1

Ha ha not sure my chocolate brown Hell Creek phalanx would look nice next to that claw.  Looks great.  Very creative way of displaying them.

22 minutes ago, patrickhudson said:

It might be blasphemous - but double sided clear 3m tape.  A tiny piece does the trick - and I haven’t had any issues in the past damaging anything.  

Ahhh.  They look great.  I was actually thinking recently of building something on the scroll saw lately myself.  I really like the look of the wood background you have in these.  Giving me all kinds of ideas.

*Frank*

A great way to display your collection. Nice job! :thumbsu:

The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.  -Neil deGrasse Tyson

Everyone you will ever meet knows something you don't. -Bill Nye (The Science Guy)

Wonderful use of the wood, I especially like the claw stand.

Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, also are remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. - Douglas Adams, Last Chance to See