My Very First Fossil Video

RJB

dude... you becoming copmuter savvy!  I would never have guessed it. 

Nice job.  Thanks for the tour of your garage.  Is there only one work space that you and your son take turns at? 

Edited by jpc

11 minutes ago, jpc said:

dude... you becoming copmuter savvy!  I would never have guessed it. 

Nice job.  Thanks for the tour of your garage.  Is there only one work space that you and your son take turns at? 

Computer savvy, no.  I had tons of help.  My youngest son has his own prep lab at his place. 

RB

Wonderful first video! I look forward to more, especially if you show any fish prep. Subscribed so I can make sure to see when you post more. :)

• Thank You 1

9 hours ago, thelivingdead531 said:

Wonderful first video! I look forward to more, especially if you show any fish prep. Subscribed so I can make sure to see when you post more. 

All brand new and sometimes confusing stuff for me.  Not sure what subscribe is yet.  There are also 'notification' botton?  Not sure what that is either.  I do know the like thingy is. 

RB

• Enjoyed 1

8 minutes ago, RJB said:

All brand new and sometimes confusing stuff for me.  Not sure what subscribe is yet.  There are also 'notification' botton?  Not sure what that is either.  I do know the like thingy is. 

RB

Think of subscribing like you're running your own TV channel and that viewers want to tune in and see more! It's a bit like how here on the forum you can "follow" a topic and you will get a notification if something new is posted. So, when you post more videos, people who subscribe to your "channel" will be notified of your new content. That saves people having to check in all the time to see if anything new has been posted. :) 

• I Agree 1

...How to Philosophize with a Hammer

Very cool @RJB It looks like you’re starting to run out of fossils to prep. :default_rofl:

The most intriguing to me was the White River jackets. Oh, the treasures that await there!

:envy: Excuse me while i wipe the drool of my chin! love the garage! I wish mine looked like that. Especially the white river stuff! :drool:

• Thank You 1

That was fun to see, enjoyed.

• Thank You 1

Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, also are remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. - Douglas Adams, Last Chance to See

Thanks for the video @RJB. As cool as the video tour was, it is even more impressive in person. Maybe as a Christmas present to all of the good boys and girls of TFF you could do a video of your display room.:santasmile:

On 12/1/2021 at 3:50 AM, Kane said:

Think of subscribing like you're running your own TV channel and that viewers want to tune in and see more! It's a bit like how here on the forum you can "follow" a topic and you will get a notification if something new is posted. So, when you post more videos, people who subscribe to your "channel" will be notified of your new content. That saves people having to check in all the time to see if anything new has been posted. :) 

You are most helpful Kane and a very easy to understand explination.  Thank you

21 hours ago, Ptychodus04 said:

Very cool @RJB It looks like you’re starting to run out of fossils to prep. :default_rofl:

The most intriguing to me was the White River jackets. Oh, the treasures that await there!

Im sure my youngest son will be inheranting lots of unprepped fossils.  Not sure if im gunna make it to the white river stuff either?  Got a rhino skull with some extra bones in one of those jackets.

17 hours ago, Fossilis Willis said:

Thanks for the video @RJB. As cool as the video tour was, it is even more impressive in person. Maybe as a Christmas present to all of the good boys and girls of TFF you could do a video of your display room.

Hi Will.  The display room is already planned for a video but got quite a few before that.  Planning on posting at least 3 more right after xmas some time. 

4 hours ago, RJB said:

Im sure my youngest son will be inheranting lots of unprepped fossils.  Not sure if im gunna make it to the white river stuff either?  Got a rhino skull with some extra bones in one of those jackets.

You have a ton of treasures in the garage for sure. A rhino skull would be a really fun prep!

18 hours ago, Ptychodus04 said:

You have a ton of treasures in the garage for sure. A rhino skull would be a really fun prep!

My biggest problem with these WR jackets is that they are too heavy for me to move, otherwise they would be on the 'prep' list.

RB

• Enjoyed 1