Ankylosaur ungual?

Piks

A nodosaur/Ankylosaur ?  Ungual from my collection . A dis-articulated Surface find from central USA in “Appalachia”

EE2CBC71-FCDB-4D01-A0C0-0908B2A6E0D1.jpeg

4FA5ED1C-4D36-460C-800D-BFD718A339DA.jpeg

Does not look like a dinosaur ungual, looks more geologic. Do you have a photo of the other side and a better locality.

Top pix maybe dorsal aspect (Because of keratin remnants) bottom pix ventral(?).    Included are a proximal and lateral shot . And lastly close up of  keratin .  Found in NC Piedmont formation

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Thanks for the additional photos and info.

North Carolina's dinosaur material is pretty rare and found in the Tar Heel, Bladen, Donoho Creek Formations which are in the counties of the Coastal Plane like Bladen County.   I'm not familiar with the Piedmont Formation but if you meant the Piedmont area those rocks are too old to contain dinosaurs (see geologic map).   Dinosaur material that has been found includes teeth and a few bone fragments and to the best of my knowledge nothing like an ungual or any ankylosaur material.   

Putting all that aside I can see why you are thinking it's an ungual because of the shape.  It still looks geologic and I'm not see bone or the structure of an ungual.  I put a photo of one in my collection you can compare against.

Here is a map showing the geology of NC - 

1589391032_NorthCarolina.thumb.JPG.597f41eb23cb0aa2f4702a1021680740.JPG

1015302547_MapNCEcoregionBoundaries.jpg.46da5621da1bbc3485af2266868d7b40.jpg

Ungual.thumb.jpg.eae955d4b6d2086b4f798779285c249b.jpg

• I found this Informative 2