Spinosaurus tooth: genuine or heavily restored?

I've recently purchased a Spinosaurus tooth, but I have some concerns about it being heavily restored.
It doesn't seem fake to my non-expert eyes, but it also looks a little "too perfect" to be completely genuine.
I'm strongly concerned about the color and some kind of coating or paint that seems to have been put on the whole surface.
I'd be happy to have a more expert opinion from you guys!!

IMG_20211206_073407.jpg

IMG_20211206_073416.jpg

IMG_20211206_082526.jpg

IMG_20211206_073602.jpg

IMG_20211206_073622.jpg

Shape of the Tooth looks very odd.  Base and tip look real but the rest?  The entire midsection from top of base to the tip is painted and looks too smooth

• I found this Informative 2
  • I Agree 3

Im with Troodon.  The instant I looked at it I thought, "odd", entire middle section does not look right? 

RB

It looks like a tooth from up north erfoud ect where preservation is not as good as say near begga so most likely it's missing more of the enamel and to cover this they have painted it with God only knows what brown boot polish maybe? This is certainly a new one on me :shakehead:

• I found this Informative 1

6 minutes ago, Haravex said:

It looks like a tooth from up north erfoud ect where preservation is not as good as say near begga so most likely it's missing more of the enamel and to cover this they have painted it with God only knows what brown boot polish maybe? This is certainly a new one on me :shakehead:

Looks almost like a wood stain.

• I Agree 1

*Frank*

Thank you very much guys!!

I think I'm going to contact the seller asap, and tell him about this.

When I purchased this tooth, he told me that only a "stabilizer" had been used on it, but apparently that's not the truth...

• 1 month later...

Just see this one now, such a shame! The tooth has some potential , I really like the base, you don't see this allot in Spino tooth, the oval shape with a blank space inside. 

Tooth is definitely painted to make it more appealing, very sad because without it it could have been a nice tooth. The tip is most likely also restored and not original. 

Cheers