Kem Kem tooth repaired?

Adam86cucv

I was curious if this tooth has been repaired or anything weird.  Seems like it might have been broken and glued back together.  I'm a bit curious about the shiney look and dark speckles on it.  Does it seem like they put a coating on it and the speckles are matrix or miscellaneous 'dirt'?  For the price I am offered it at I know it's not going to be perfect.  Just wanted to see if anyone saw any red flags or weirdness.

Screenshot_20211209-064741.png

Screenshot_20211209-064731.png

Screenshot_20211209-064736.png

6 minutes ago, Paleorunner said:

Uiiiss !! I don't know what the experts will say, but I don't like the texture, and the shine. :unsure:

Ok so I'm not the only one that thinks it is a bit off.

The tip has been reattached and a coating has indeed been added which you typically do not see.

1639053263394.jpg.64e116d2f39aa2041f1b297daff66c6d.jpg

This area has a little discoloration might be natural or a red flag that some work has been done. Need to hold it.  Might explain the coating.  Black speckles are hard to determine what is their orgin

4 minutes ago, Troodon said:

The tip has been reattached and a coating has indeed been added which you typically do not see.

1639053263394.jpg.64e116d2f39aa2041f1b297daff66c6d.jpg

This area has a little discoloration might be natural or a red flag that some work has been done. Need to hold it.  Might explain the coating.  Black speckles are hard to determine what is their orgin

Ok, seems like you all have confirmed my suspicions and the only way to hold it is to buy it and have it shipped.  So I don't think I will bother with this one   Thanks for the information. 

Tooth comes from around goulmima tip has broken and been repaired with super glue and then panic covered with a coating of super glue for good measure (so they don't break) if you can prep and clean it up it's a real pterosaur tooth. Ornithocheiridae indet would be best id for it

• I found this Informative 1

5 hours ago, Haravex said:

Tooth comes from around goulmima

I always thought these came from the Kem Kem too, such different preservation than the chocolate-brown teeth from the Akrabou Formation...

'There's nothing like millions of years of really frustrating trial and error to give a species moral fibre and, in some cases, backbone' -- Terry Pratchett

ok there is a lot of confusion around this area, so you find the later akrabou formation containing the likes of ammonites, plesiosaur, pliosaur ect next to a village called Asfla. The nearest town to that is called Goulmima (about 15km south) very close to the town of goulmima is an exposure of the terrestrial kem kem beds containing the likes of Abeilsauridae, Spinosauruid, Pterosaurs ect .

• I found this Informative 2