A new crocodyliform from the Morrison Fm of Wyoming

Troodon

I saw this.  The paper says it was collected form the' East Camarasaurus Quarry' in the Como Bluff area.  I do not know this quarry, but I know a nice croc specimen came out of the Bone cabin Quarry a few years ago.  Does anyone know if the East Cam is part of the Bone Cabin Quarry?  (I realize I may know the Como Bluff  area better than anyone here, but I thought I would ask).  

Edited by jpc
  • I found this Informative 1

11 hours ago, jpc said:

I saw this.  The paper says it was collected form the' East Camarasaurus Quarry' in the Como Bluff area.  I do not know this quarry, but I know a nice croc specimen came out of the Bone cabin Quarry a few years ago.  Does anyone know if the East Cam is part of the Bone Cabin Quarry?  (I realize I may know the Como Bluff  area better than anyone here, but I thought I would ask).  

An old bulletin of the Gunma Museum that reviews a nearly complete Camarasaurus also includes the East Camarasaurus Quarry

"There are three major dinosaur quarries at this locality: Bone Cabin Quarry, East Camarasaurus Quarry'93 (ECQ) east of BCQ, and Stegosaur '99 to the southwest. All three are located in the upper Morrison unit with Bone Cabin Quarry positioned 3 to 7meters above the base of the upper unit and ECQ about l4 meters as well"

http://www.gmnh.pref.gunma.jp/wp-content/uploads/bulletin-1.pdf

• I found this Informative 1

thanks for this troodon.  I asked the same on FB and a friend confirmed that this is indeed the same croc that I had heard of as being from the Bone Cabin Quarry.   I have been to BCQ twice and it looked very different each time.  I think now that I may have been at two of these three quarries.