Moroccan shark teeth

Jurassicz1

Hi! I have had these shark teeth from Ouled Abdoun Basin for awhile.

Not sure of species or exact age. But age is Cretaceous-Eocene

Regards Adriano

20211231_162505.thumb.jpg.cd12798f636940d9a94fc25809f5637b.jpg20211231_160629.thumb.jpg.795a5c245f70f4ba3e175ab1810c87dc.jpg

20211231_160616.thumb.jpg.a82ef917c7aea2d9808a7747ae1558ae.jpg

Teeth in first photo are Otodus Obliquus

second photo is Carcharias tingitana, and the third photo has sand tiger, though I’m not sure the exact species

Nice teeth! :)

18 hours ago, TyrannosaurusRex said:

second photo is Carcharias tingitana, and the third photo has sand tiger, though I’m not sure the exact species

Alright thanks! Yeah they are nice teeth :)

On 12/31/2021 at 11:23 AM, TyrannosaurusRex said:

Regarding the teeth in the first photo: I agree the largest tooth looks like Otodus obliquus, but some of the others look more like Cretalamna appendiculata to me. In particular the two on the right and the lower one on the left I would probably call Cretalamana. I'm not sure about the one in the upper left. The tooth at the bottom of that photo looks like it has a nutrient groove in the root and is likely a sand tiger.

On 1/2/2022 at 4:25 PM, bthemoose said:

Regarding the teeth in the first photo: I agree the largest tooth looks like Otodus obliquus, but some of the others look more like Cretalamna appendiculata to me. In particular the two on the right and the lower one on the left I would probably call Cretalamana. I'm not sure about the one in the upper left. The tooth at the bottom of that photo looks like it has a nutrient groove in the root and is likely a sand tiger.

Ok thanks!

• 2 weeks later...