What fossils?

madagascar

Lower valve of radiolitid rudist? The smooth thing could be the filling of the former void (steinkern, internal mold). The outer thing could be remnants of the shell. Am I seeing mesh or cellular structure there? This would be typical of radiolitid rudists.

Here is an example, the left one is a transverse section, the right one a longitudinal section through fragments of the lower valve of radiolitid rudists:

AN_Rad_Divers_AN4381_kompr.jpg

Franz Bernhard

Edited by FranzBernhard
  • I found this Informative 1
  • I Agree 3

8 hours ago, FranzBernhard said:

radiolitid rudist 的下阀?光滑的东西可能是填充以前的空隙(steinkern,内部模具)。外面的东西可能是外壳的残余物。我在那里看到网状或蜂窝状结构吗?这将是典型的radiolid rudists。

这是一个例子,左边是横切面,右边是纵切面,穿过radiolid rudists 下瓣膜的碎片:

弗朗茨·伯恩哈德

I added to my knowledge of fossils.

Thank you for your detailed answer!

• Thank You 1

I agree with Franz, it could be an internal mold of a rudist. It would be very important to know the geological age of the sediments holding your specimen and the location of the find for a possible narrowing down to the genus/species. The rudists of Morocco are not well described yet, hope they will be in the future. :)

" We are not separate and independent entities, but like links in a chain, and we could not by any means be what we are without those who went before us and showed us the way. "

Thomas Mann

My Library