Spinosaurus tooth?

BirdsAreDinosaurs

Hi everyone. I am new to this forum and recently acquired what I think is my first dinosaur tooth. I am pretty excited and surprised that Spinosaurus teeth are so common and pretty affordable. What do you think of this tooth? Did it belong to a Spinosaurus?

I bought this specimen because of the well preserved enamel and the nice colour. It was glued together after excavation, but that is okay by me. I believe i can discern some vestigial serration.

Thanks for your insights!

20220111_120455.jpg

20220107_140043_resized.jpg

20220111_120903.jpg

20220111_120640.jpg

• Enjoyed 3

Congrats on your first tooth, nice color and preservation. Cannot say if its Spinosaurus but its a nice Spinosaurid tooth and the evidence of serrations is awesome 

Thank you, Troodon! What would be necessary to be able to confidently attribute a tooth to Spinosaurus (I am totally happy with Spinosaurid, but just wondering)? Is such an attribution even possible for an isolated tooth from Kem Kem?

Edited by BirdsAreDinosaurs

Well there is most likely multiple Spinosaurids in the Kem Kem group and its impossible to distinguish teeth at this point in time if ever. 

This is a very nice tooth! Excellent and rare coloration. It has a small crack repair but nothing mayor.

Very nice buy! 

• Enjoyed 1