fossilhunter21

Hi everyone! So I really like the PaleoAro from paleotools.com but I would rather not spend $470. So I am just wondering if the 8315-C from qtena.com would work with the PaleoAro bushing and PaleoAro stylus from paleotools.com?

Thank you in advance! :)

-@fossilhunter21

I think it would.

It looks like the old ARO 8315.

They mention that it works on chinese ARO knock-offs.

• I found this Informative 1

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015  

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me      

6 minutes ago, Fossildude19 said:

I think it would.

It looks like the old ARO 8315.

They mention that it works on chinese ARO knock-offs.

Thank you very much for your response! :)

-@fossilhunter21

19 minutes ago, fossilhunter21 said:

Also has anyone oredered from qtena.com? And if so how was your experience? 

Thanks!

-@fossilhunter21

For understandable reasons, it is not advisable to solicit opinions about sellers on the public boards. If members wish to share their experiences about this company, they should only do so over PM. Thanks. :dinothumb:

• I Agree 2

...How to Philosophize with a Hammer

16 minutes ago, Kane said:

For understandable reasons, it is not advisable to solicit opinions about sellers on the public boards. If members wish to share their experiences about this company, they should only do so over PM. Thanks. :dinothumb:

Thanks, @Kane!

That does make a lot of sense.

I am constantly learning new things about the forum rules. 

-@fossilhunter21

I swapped the stock stylus and bushing on my old Aro knock off for the PaleoAro stylus and bushing almost a decade ago. It was simple and works well. If I could keep from dropping my scribes and/or knocking them off the workbench, the stylus would last almost forever...

1 hour ago, Ptychodus04 said:

If I could keep from dropping my scribes and/or knocking them off the workbench, the stylus would last almost forever...

I feel better in knowing I'm not the only one who has done that. A few times. :blush:

...How to Philosophize with a Hammer

1 hour ago, Kane said:

I feel better in knowing I'm not the only one who has done that. A few times. :blush:

I’m a few ahead of you I think. I actually broke two scribes inside of one week!

• Enjoyed 1

I think it would work with the Paleo Aro bushing and tips as well. I bought the 8315-B, the previous model, as my first scribe a while back (2014 maybe?) and have been pleasantly surprised by it. My plan was always to run the bushing into the ground as my training scribe and then replace it with a Paleo Aro or at least the bushing and tip but it's it's still kicking so I haven't yet. I do like how they recently started selling extra long tips too. I still use it for very fine detail work my Model-TT can't handle.

On 1/12/2022 at 4:55 PM, Ptychodus04 said:

I’m a few ahead of you I think. I actually broke two scribes inside of one week!

You know, you could probably save a few dollars if you stopped that :default_faint: