Prep Tools - Need EU based supplier

Crovax

Hi there guys. I know that it will be probably difficult question, but can you give me advice about some EU located tools?

Wanted to get one from a vendor, but they are located in the UK, that means extra 100e for the model which I wanted to buy.

So I need to find something in here, otherwise government will gladly ask me to pay "fee".

Thank you for any advice/answer.

• Fossildude19 changed the title to Prep Tools - Need EU based supplier

Any advice, what attribute should i go for? they look very similar, but not sure how much matters beats per minute, air consumption or pressure

Technical data:
36000 beats/min
air consumption: 25–30 l/min
pressure: 3–7 bar
weight: 250 g
size: Ø 17 x 160 mm
length of the tube: ca. 2,5 m with internat. plug-in coupling
pointer: acute, hard metal, medium, 38 mm

and

Specifications: Weight without hose: approx. 240 g Dimensions without hose: 17 mm diameter, 160 mm length Hose with insertion nipple NW 7.2: 6 mm diameter, 1.4 m length. Hose and stitch are screwed. Operating pressure with standard spring: 3 bar - 7 bar Lifting frequency: approx. 34,000 x per minute Stroke: approx. 1.2 mm Air consumption: at 6 bar approx. 25 - 30 l/min

On 1/19/2022 at 5:46 PM, Crovax said:

Any advice, what attribute should i go for? they look very similar, but not sure how much matters beats per minute, air consumption or pressure

Technical data:
36000 beats/min
air consumption: 25–30 l/min
pressure: 3–7 bar
weight: 250 g
size: Ø 17 x 160 mm
length of the tube: ca. 2,5 m with internat. plug-in coupling
pointer: acute, hard metal, medium, 38 mm

and

Specifications: Weight without hose: approx. 240 g Dimensions without hose: 17 mm diameter, 160 mm length Hose with insertion nipple NW 7.2: 6 mm diameter, 1.4 m length. Hose and stitch are screwed. Operating pressure with standard spring: 3 bar - 7 bar Lifting frequency: approx. 34,000 x per minute Stroke: approx. 1.2 mm Air consumption: at 6 bar approx. 25 - 30 l/min

Is this your first scribe?

The first one I got was the Krantz W224, which is an all round scribe, not really good for fine details or bulk removal but nice for everything in between, the two specs you showed are pretty much the same, the only difference I can tell between the two is the dark mat finish vs chrome

More important is the question of what you want to prepare.

Do you need a scribe for rough or fine work or more a universal scribe?
Do you have a large or only a small compressor that would run continuously at an air consumption of 30 l / min? Would the noise bother you or your neighbor?
Does your compressor reach 6 to 7 bar?

Remember that the volume of air that the compressor must suck at the inlet (at one bar ambient pressure) is pressure times volume at the outlet  (p*V = const).  At a pressure of 6 bar and an air consumption of 30 l/min at the outlet, the compressor must suck in 180 liter of air per minute at the inlet- at 2 bar and an air consumption of 20l/min  only 40 l/min air.  A low air consumption is good for your ears and facilitates continuous working. It can make a big difference if the compressor is constantly working at its capacity limit or not.

This is a relatively good overview (again in german, sorry).:

Druckluftwerkzeuge_Technische_Daten_und_Vergleich (haufwerk.com)

Edited by oilshale

Be not ashamed of mistakes and thus make them crimes (Confucius, 551 BC - 479 BC).

Phevo, its my first, so something in between, but i have more soft matrix, so maybe i would go for pen for detailed work. But cant be just needle to be changed for that?

oilshale i have :

http://www.stanley-naradie.sk/produkty/6_samomazne-priamo-riadene-kompresory/132_sxcms1324he

unfortunatelly didnt find english site. well its gona be on cottage, so noise isnt important.

well checked link u sent, but i dont know, if its good to have high or low beats, or pressure or other things. im noob :(

Edited by Crovax

Your compressor is pretty quiet - that's good. The net air capacity at 7 bar is 150l/min. You shouldn't have any problems with that - that's enough for all scribes.
In my opinion, the beat frequency is not so crucial. 
Since you seem to need more of a universal scribe, I would take the Krantz W224 (equivalent to the Haufwerk scribe https://www.haufwerk.com/de/praeparation/druckluft-praeparation/haufwerk-druckluftstichel-w224-und-zubehoer/). Not expensive and very robust. This was my first scribe I bought 25 years ago and I still use it from time to time. There is a conversion kit https://www.haufwerk.com/de/kopf-mit-nadelhalter-fuer-stahlnadeln-fuer-w224-aka-w226-hw-10.html with which you can do much finer work (this was the next purchase 20 years ago).

Since I have to do a lot of fine work, my most used scribe now is a hw322 ( I love this scribe!).

Edited by oilshale
  • I found this Informative 1

Be not ashamed of mistakes and thus make them crimes (Confucius, 551 BC - 479 BC).

Thank you. well i ask probably a stupid question. whats point of getting better tool, if i can get less costly and just change head for other type of work?

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/22/2022 at 3:39 AM, Crovax said:

Thank you. well i ask probably a stupid question. whats point of getting better tool, if i can get less costly and just change head for other type of work?

The old adage, you get what you pay for.

Higher the quality tool, the longer it should last.

If you buy a somewhat cheaper model, the likelihood of needing to replace it sooner rises.

If you put down the initial expense for the better tool, you invest in a longer lifespan for the tool.

• I found this Informative 1

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015  

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me      

2 hours ago, Fossildude19 said:

The old adage, you get what you pay for.

Higher the quality tool, the longer it should last.

If you buy a somewhat cheaper model, the likelihood of needing to replace it sooner rises.

If you put down the initial expense for the better tool, you invest in a longer lifespan for the tool.

Thank You. I more thought about different tools for different type of work vs one tool with possibility of changing heads-needles(or however its called) But as a total newbie, i might go for W224 from Krantz which might helps me learn and figure out, what do i need. Or You suggest me something else? Im thankful for any advice (im thankful that guys also gave me advices in their topics. w224 is one of them)

Unfortunately, I am not well versed in the EU tools available.

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015  

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me