Suchomimus or croc?

Per Christian

Hi all, I'm quite certain this is suchomimus, but just to be sure, what say people here? The base has the elongated shape of suchomimus, and it has carinae on both sides as far as I can tell 

@Troodon

received_411525680725479.jpeg

received_243777074574507.jpeg

received_345150267237122.jpeg

received_389586162967380.jpeg

Edited by Per Christian

Strong fluting, oval cross section, well-defined carinae and I believe I make out serrations in the first image. Definitely Suchomimus.

• I found this Informative 1

Just now, Runner64 said:

Strong fluting, oval cross section, well-defined carinae and I believe I make out serrations in the first image. Definitely Suchomimus.

Thanks! That was amazing, thank you!

The diagnostic feature that identifies these teeth are the minute serrations on the carinae.  So take a look to determine if you can see any.

• I Agree 1

43 minutes ago, Troodon said:

The diagnostic feature that identifies these teeth are the minute serrations on the carinae.  So take a look to determine if you can see any.

It's not easy to see but i can make out minute serrations on the base of the carinae on both sides i think

received_630369851527087.jpeg

received_662750221423151.jpeg

You think?  If you are having a hard time seeing them I doubt your photos will help me.   The tooth looks right for Suchomimus.   I suggest getting a USB scope they are inexpensive, easy to use and a great tool for identifications.

• I Agree 1

Less than 30 percent of Suchomimus teeth have serrations still present firstly due to feeding wear (always the first to wear down even before the tip) and also the biggest factor is weather erosion, so many of the teeth from Elrhaz formation have pitting due to the constant sand hitting them once exposed.

However this in my experience and handling a few hundred teeth of this species, without a doubt Suchomimus.

• I found this Informative 1