Something to grin about: A replica of a genuine faerie find.

oilshale

This is more something to smile about: The seller claims that this is a (scaled down) replica of a genuine faerie find from Dartmoor (which was even shown on TV!).

If this would cost just a few euros I might have even bought this for fun, but the seller is asking about 350€ for it. That is then not worth the fun for me.

image.png.cf1b9402bfa7410692d05e586fb8d2da.png

• Enjoyed 6

Be not ashamed of mistakes and thus make them crimes (Confucius, 551 BC - 479 BC).

They are fun but I have seen similar ones for just a few £ some years ago. There don't seem to be so many around now.

Tarquin

That is a remarkably well preserved complete specimen! Usually, the wings aren't as intact. Thanks for sharing. 

• Enjoyed 3

That is more complete then the one I have. Mine is missing lower part of left leg and foot, the skull is crushed, and 3 fingers (though in faerie they are officially classified as claws) are missing as well. But, mine actually shows some feather fine filaments around the one wing showing. I would include a photo but unfortunately its packed away in my off-shore safety deposit box :default_rofl: