Not sure what this is.

Rock John

Not sure what this is.  I found it in the Texas hill country Blanco river.  Its approximately 1 1/8 round.  Can anybody help identify.  Thank you. 

20220213_160451.jpg

A bit blurry, but I suspect it is a water worn cobble with some possible chert, but neither egg nor pearl. 

• I Agree 4

...How to Philosophize with a Hammer

This was found on the Blanco River around the wimberley area.  Its 1 1/8 " round.  Need help identifying.  Thank you. 20220213_065540.thumb.jpg.1a0c052d8d0569ee5d6c3a067571f1e8.jpg

20220213_160451.jpg

@Rock John please only post one topic about the same item.  I've merged your second topic.

Try backing off your camera to better focus on the subject rather than the background.  ;)

The human mind has the ability to believe anything is true.  -  JJ

I agree with the comments above, I have lived all around Texas and have collected river rocks in this area also looking for fossils. I really think is just a nice tumbled down river rock, chert definitely in there. 

In that area you are probably to find some agate (yellow, reddish, orangy translucent) and some quartz (incrustations?... not points... sorry I don't know the correct lingo, I'm a newbie) in rocks. If you find a rock that appears to have crystal incrusted in certain parts and when you move it under sunlight it kind of sparkles, that's the quartz.