Kem kem croc tooth

Notidanodon

Hi guys, I have this croc tooth from the Kem Kem beds and I haven’t been able to identify it, would anyone be able to help? Thanks :) 

F43D465A-411D-4EAA-B4F8-BBDA14BCBBC2.jpeg

22EB4859-716C-46E4-BE6B-D8B8E3C8ACDE.jpeg

E16A7A02-BA69-4654-BD4E-FFB760A8213C.jpeg

39626BC2-6A6D-4B87-B642-8D583D1519BE.jpeg

I'd say that with the facets it kind of reminds me of Elosuchus cherifiensis. But my knowledge on Kem Kem crocodiles is admittedly not the best, and I'm aware there's a multitude of them in that ecosystem. So may be @LordTrilobite@Troodon or @Anomotodon would be better suited to answer this question...

• I found this Informative 1

'There's nothing like millions of years of really frustrating trial and error to give a species moral fibre and, in some cases, backbone' -- Terry Pratchett

2 minutes ago, pachy-pleuro-whatnot-odon said:

I'd say that with the facets it kind of reminds me of Elosuchus cherifiensis. But my knowledge on Kem Kem crocodiles is admittedly not the best, and I'm aware there's a multitude of them in that ecosystem. So may be @LordTrilobite@Troodon or @Anomotodon would be better suited to answer this question...

It does compare well to images of that species online :)  I believe @gigantoraptor also liked his kem Kem crocs

It seems to fit with Elosuchus, sure. But since this is a fairly small tooth I wouldn't confidently assign this to Elosuchus because there's still a whole lot we don't know about the croc diversity in the Kem Kem Group.

• Thank You 1

Olof Moleman AKA Lord Trilobite