Partial theropod bones

fgiarro

Hello - Some time ago I bought two partial bones, both from Kem Kem beds, Morocco - The specimen on the left in the photo in my opinion could be the final part of the ischium of a theropod dinosaur (roughly 21cm x 21cm- possibly Spinosaurus?) and the other specimen a partial vertebra (21cm x 13cm) of the same species - I'm not an expert and I'd like to know other opinions about the ID of the two fossils - Thanks in advance, Fabio

22477B62-9C99-4EA2-A9FE-4E11C4FD9C72_1_201_a.jpeg

B42E81D6-A759-41A8-8B38-8D05190F687A_1_201_a.jpeg

Edited by fgiarro
Kind request from a member of the forum

Material looks to fragmentary to make a call.

The item on the left may be a partial rib.  I would not rule out these being from a Crocodyliform

• I found this Informative 1

Hi,

I can’t help you, but I just wanted to ask you not to write so big, on a forum that means you scream !

Coco

----------------------
OUTIL POUR MESURER VOS FOSSILES : ici

Ma bibliothèque PDF 1 (Poissons et sélaciens récents & fossiles) : ici
Ma bibliothèque PDF 2 (Animaux vivants - sans poissons ni sélaciens) : ici
Mâchoires sélaciennes récentes : ici
Hétérodontiques et sélaciens : ici
Oeufs sélaciens récents : ici
Otolithes de poissons récents ! ici

Un Greg...

Badges-IPFOTH.jpg.f4a8635cda47a3cc506743a8aabce700.jpg Badges-MOTM.jpg.461001e1a9db5dc29ca1c07a041a1a86.jpg

On 2/24/2022 at 6:24 PM, fgiarro said:

Hello - Some time ago I bought two partial bones, both from Kem Kem beds, Morocco - The specimen on the left in the photo in my opinion could be the final part of the ischium of a theropod dinosaur (roughly 21cm x 21cm- possibly Spinosaurus?) and the other specimen a partial vertebra (21cm x 13cm) of the same species - I'm not an expert and I'd like to know other opinions about the ID of the two fossils - Thanks in advance, Fabio

22477B62-9C99-4EA2-A9FE-4E11C4FD9C72_1_201_a.jpeg

B42E81D6-A759-41A8-8B38-8D05190F687A_1_201_a.jpeg

I think you're right that it's a part of an ischium. Could be theropod yeah. Seems too robust for Spinosaurus tho. But a head on view might help with ID.

The other is indeed a neural arch of a vertebra. Dorsal maybe? Hard to say from what but I'd say theropod. The angle of the neural spine is interesting which makes me think it's not spinosaurid.

I don't see why these two specimens would necessarily be the same species though. The size does not seem to match very well. I don't think they have anything to do with each other.

Olof Moleman AKA Lord Trilobite