Washington State Fossil Hunts

EasyE86

What's up, everyone?! I'm in Quincy, WA for work for about 6 weeks and would love to do some digging. Does anyone know if there some good spots out here? Also, I don't know if the regulations are the same as at home (New Mexico). Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Hope you all are happy and healthy! View from the base of my driveway. Columbia River at dawn.20220219_064922.thumb.jpg.28efc4da8fbfcde563b0a806f24fd482.jpg

• Enjoyed 1

• 2 weeks later...

Most sites are now closed or restricted access. Some sites are outside of those restrictions and are usually not shared. But, if you're able to put in a few hours drive, go to Murdock Beach. Oligocene age, Pysht Formation. The area east of there called Twin Rivers, also another good site. Whale, dolphin, crab, shrimp concretions. Be mindful, the tides rip through there and there a lot of glendonite. Strait of Juan de Fuca. 

• I found this Informative 2

Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new.
-Albert Einstein

crabes-07.gif

Oh! I believe it's beachcombing only, no need to dig anyway, search the gravel and tailings that have been washed from the cliffs and steep slopes. 

• I found this Informative 1

Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new.
-Albert Einstein

crabes-07.gif