Dallas Area Trip March 2022

Enos Squared

Hello everyone!  8 months ago I drove across the country and stopped at Ladonia fossil park.  I had a great time but only got a few hours in, and now I'm planning to head back to Texas sometime next month to do some more searching.  I know that the fossil park is picked through pretty well, so I'm wondering if anyone has advice for other places to visit in the general area?  I hope to be near the Dallas area for several days and am more than willing to travel/hike a good distance.  I'm primarily interested in ammonites, echinoderms, and - if at all possible - finding a mosasaur tooth.

Any tips would be hugely appreciated!  

Echnoids are abundant at the Ben Brook spillway and Lake Worth. Lake Worth you need to hunt the cliff face south of parking area 1. There are ammonites there also but not early found. 

Ammonite beach at lake texakoma, inspiration point fort worth. Check with the dallas paleo society.  They have been kind knowledgeable and helpfull with me.

On 2/26/2022 at 7:14 PM, Planko said:

Echnoids are abundant at the Ben Brook spillway and Lake Worth. Lake Worth you need to hunt the cliff face south of parking area 1. There are ammonites there also but not early found. 

Thank you so much, I will definitely look at this possibility!!

On 2/27/2022 at 12:07 AM, val horn said:

Ammonite beach at lake texakoma, inspiration point fort worth. Check with the dallas paleo society.  They have been kind knowledgeable and helpfull with me.

Thank you!  I will reach out to the dallas paleo folks too.  Can't wait to get hunting!!