Miniature dinosaur museum

BirdsAreDinosaurs

Welcome to... my tiny dinosaur museum! I used to work at the largest natural history museum of the Netherlands and now I created a little copy of my own.

I just recently started collecting dinosaur teeth from Morocco. At the moment I have 7 teeth: two Spinosaurids, one Carcharodontosaurid, 3 Abelisaurids and a Titanosaurid. As you can see, I also like to collect dinosaur models that are more or less accurate according to latest insights.

The museum is still under construction: the labels are not correct (this is what I got from the fossil dealers, I need to make better ones) and I need more figures (I really hope one of my favourite manufacturers will produce a nice Rugops in the future) and teeth. Those Dromaeosaurid models are obviously out of place, but they will stay as long as I do not have more appropriote models.

The next few teeth I would like to add are one bigger Carch, one specimen of the teeth that are often labeled as Deltadromeus and one or more Dromaeosaurid-like teeth. I do not know many good dealers in the EU, so if anyone has any tips that would be greatly appreciated!

20220305_130222.jpg

20220305_130108.jpg

20220305_130059.jpg

Edited by BirdsAreDinosaurs
Photo's did not upload
  • Enjoyed 6

14 minutes ago, BirdsAreDinosaurs said:

I need more figures (I really hope one of my favourite manufacturers will produce a nice Rugops in the future) and teeth.

You could always just use Carnotaurus or Majungasaurus given that at least one Kem Kem Abelisaurid has horn/s based on isolated material. Not sure which is considered more basal, 1 or 2 horns.

11 minutes ago, Kikokuryu said:

You could always just use Carnotaurus or Majungasaurus given that at least one Kem Kem Abelisaurid has horn/s based on isolated material. Not sure which is considered more basal, 1 or 2 horns.

Thanks, good tip, I did not know about the horn(s) on a Kem Kem Abelisaurid.

Cool collection. The models look great. 

A Rebachisaurus tooth would a nice addition to go alongside the Titanosaur

52 minutes ago, FF7_Yuffie said:

Cool collection. The models look great. 

A Rebachisaurus tooth would a nice addition to go alongside the Titanosaur

Thanks! Yes, that would be a great addition. If I see a nice one for a good price I will definitely get it.

• 3 months later...

My small collection of Kem Kem dinosaur teeth has grown quite a bit, so I figured it is time for an update.

Here is an overview of what I have now. 

overview.thumb.jpg.9671b0aeb1033e4a4e1f07b4fb1431bb.jpg

These are my carcharodontosaurid teeth. The largest one is 7.5 cm long. I am not 100% sure if the smallest one is carch, but it does look a lot like a tooth that was identified as a anterior carch tooth on this forum. I like to collect teeth from different jaw positions. I also take colour into account when searching for teeth.

Carchteeth.thumb.jpg.15326ef8cea99e36c0900bb2ae390560.jpg

Next up are my spinosaurid teeth. The largest one is close to 6.5 cm.

Spinoteeth.JPG.thumb.jpg.82d8451ff41add2147af41b9d6d5b588.jpg

These are my sauropod teeth. The largest one (3.5 cm) is titanosaurid, the one on the left is probably rebbachisaurid. Not too sure about the one in the middle. I am looking to add a couple more sauropod tooth morph types to my collection.

Sauropod_teeth.JPG.thumb.jpg.dfba9015bfa7d55049f151a21dc0660e.jpg

These beautiful little teeth (less than 2 cm) are all abelisaurid. 

Abelisaur_teeth.JPG.thumb.jpg.47010c57d5399b2ef98787ed7d01ea88.jpg

These two larger teeth (3 cm) might also be abelisaurid, bit I am not really sure about the one on the left. Could it be a juvenile carch tooth?

Abeli2.JPG.thumb.jpg.d7057ee5b9e4ca5ee07e33fe05895ce9.jpg

And last but not least, these three indeterminate theropod teeth (the largest one is 3 cm). I do like a good mystery.

IndeterminateTeeth.JPG.thumb.jpg.9b4f4e84f88882d8c3060dfdc1279849.jpg

That's it! Now I am planning to make proper labels for all teeth and to improve my display a bit, as it became a bit cluttered and more teeth are coming in :)

• Enjoyed 5

• 8 months later...

I finally found some time to make the labels based on my own illustrations.

20230309_093549.thumb.jpg.46a6758906085b4a2dfd367627281be2.jpg

20230309_093555.thumb.jpg.42cbfefaf32af8cfc8f691e0bdf9d6de.jpg

• Enjoyed 2

A sweet looking   mini museum ( not so small at that) Indeed. Your illustration look great . 

Edited by Bobby Rico
  • Thank You 1

Really nice museum, It seems to be growing really fast! I like that you also use the PNSO (at least some of theme) together with the teeth. I like a lot the effect!

IMG_20230309_124229.thumb.jpg.018143cfd1b692d8d5d5ab8e5cfc577b.jpg

27 minutes ago, LordWampa said:

Really nice museum, It seems to be growing really fast! I like that you also use the PNSO (at least some of theme) together with the teeth. I like a lot the effect!

IMG_20230309_124229.thumb.jpg.018143cfd1b692d8d5d5ab8e5cfc577b.jpg

Thanks! Yes, I need to start thinking about expanding the display area, haha. But seriously, I have decided to stop buying teeth for the moment and to enjoy and cherish what I have now.

Nice display you have there! PNSO figures are my favourite by far :)

• Enjoyed 1

1 hour ago, BirdsAreDinosaurs said:

Thanks! Yes, I need to start thinking about expanding the display area, haha. But seriously, I have decided to stop buying teeth for the moment and to enjoy and cherish what I have now.

Nice display you have there! PNSO figures are my favourite by far :)

Hahaha, yes, it's an addiction. I bought my last piece last weekend and I am looking at auctions again!

• I Agree 1

They really lovely dinosaur models, cool. I have a little Hell Creek mini museum but it much smaller than yours . Cheers Bobby 

• Enjoyed 1