jikohr

Hi everyone!

I acquired this recently, I'm fairly certain it's Carcharodontosaurus but the shape is kinda off. Is it a Premax?

dimensions are 6.2 x 2.5 x 1.5 cm

Kem Kem Beds Morocco.

IMG_0654.JPG

IMG_0655.JPG

IMG_0656.JPG

IMG_0657.JPG

IMG_0658.JPG

IMG_0659.JPG

IMG_0660.JPG

What you have appears to be an anterior tooth of an indeterminate Carcharodontosaurid, difficult to say if its Sauroniops or Carcharodontosaurus.   Looks like there is some pathology.  It also appears that the tooth was split in two with the gaps filled with matrix.  Some denticles also appear to have been restored.  You might want to consider sending off to a prep person and have it restored since it's a very nice tooth.

A Carcharodontosaurid premaxillary tooth is shown in this topic and was identified by C. Hendrickx.   The most notable feature about it is that the mesial carina ends mid crown and does not extend to th  base.

Kem Kem Theropod Teeth: what you need to know - General Fossil Discussion - The Fossil Forum

8 hours ago, Troodon said:

What you have appears to be an anterior tooth of an indeterminate Carcharodontosaurid, difficult to say if its Sauroniops or Carcharodontosaurus.   Looks like there is some pathology.  It also appears that the tooth was split in two with the gaps filled with matrix.  Some denticles also appear to have been restored.  You might want to consider sending off to a prep person and have it restored since it's a very nice tooth.

A Carcharodontosaurid premaxillary tooth is shown in this topic and was identified by C. Hendrickx.   The most notable feature about it is that the mesial carina ends mid crown and does not extend to th  base.

Kem Kem Theropod Teeth: what you need to know - General Fossil Discussion - The Fossil Forum

Huh, neat.

Thanks man!

So...... there were two of these things huh. Was actually not aware of that. I miss the days when I could just label C. saharicus and S aegyptiacus.

Someone needs to really sort the kem kem out this is mess.