Help! I purchased these two Spinosaurus Claws online and they do not appear correct. Please share thought. TIA

Hello,

These two 6-8 inch Spinosaurus Claws were purchased online. They do not appear correct at to me. They seem unnatural a bit and kind of feel like some type of lotion on the surface, Maybe the lotion feel is just to help transport?s5.zip

s1.jpeg

s4.jpeg

s7.jpeg

s10.jpeg

s2.zip s3.zip

Edited by Bobby80

I am far from an expert but first glance it seems carved...the groove down the claw especially... hopefully some dinosaur experts can be able to give better information on why they are or aren't claws

• I Agree 2

Sorry, but they are certainly carved. :shakehead:

I hope you'll be able to get your money back. 

• I Agree 1

Life's Good!

Tortoise Friend.

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png.a47e14d65deb3f8b242019b3a81d8160-1.png.60b8b8c07f6fa194511f8b7cfb7cc190.png

Yeah, I fell for this too, recently. I posted a thread on it. Those are definitely composited fakes like the one I got.

Very fake, both are carved and a poor representation of real ones.  Unfortunately too many like these are being sold online.  Hopefully others see these posts and look for input before they purchase.  A red flag for all is that large real claws like these should be in the high 4 to 5 figure range

• I found this Informative 1
  • I Agree 1

Thank you very much all of you for your responses.

I have always loved Dinosaurs and recently a year ago i began collecting and this was the first i was unsure of. Sometimes, people sell teeth claiming to be from one Dino and it's not but that I can get passed as long as I am aware of what I am purchasing.  Question, would these be carved out of matix? Cement?

Sometimes they are carved from real bone, even fossil bone, but other times they are made from plaster and carved and stained. 

Judging from the ends and the blood grooves, I would say these are a hard plaster, but I can't tell for certain. 

• I found this Informative 1
  • Thank You 1

Life's Good!

Tortoise Friend.

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png.a47e14d65deb3f8b242019b3a81d8160-1.png.60b8b8c07f6fa194511f8b7cfb7cc190.png

Yikes, you should return this. Very fake.

Looks like random pieces of bone glue together and sanded down to shape it like a claw.

Olof Moleman AKA Lord Trilobite