Invitation to Tate Museum zoom presentation

jpc

Hello all... I want to invite everyone here to the second in this year's Tate Museum Spring Lecture Series.  

Next Thursday, March 31, the Tate Geological Museum will be doing the second in the year's Spring Lecture series via Zoom.  

Dr. Josh Slattery, from the University of South Florida, will speak on ecology of Cretaceous ammonites found in our part of the country: "The Ecological Role of Ammonites in Late Cretaceous Seas of North America" 

The presentation starts at 7PM, Mountain Time.  We will open the zoom at 6:30 for anyone who wants to socialize (or just say hello and then not socialize).   : )  

And...
here is the link:

which is also on the museum's website and Facebook page. 

Hope to see a few of you there. 

Cheers,
JPC
  • I found this Informative 3
  • Thank You 3

Sounds like a fascinating topic! I'll add to my calendar and hopefully remember to sign on. Mountain time is 1 hour ahead of Pacific time so I may still be at work. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Attention... and sorry for the late announcement, but the next Tate  Museum Lecture on ammonites is occurring in less than an hour.  Here is the link:

https://caspercollege.zoom.us/j/8341870217?pwd=MEJZY2dwSEV5VVdMcVduVjVXSTJvZz09

David Peterman of the University of Utah will talk about how ammonites float, swim, etc based on 3d models and robotic ammonites

Zoom starts at 6:30 Mountain Time and the talk at 7PM.  It is now 6:15...

Again, sorry I didn't get this out to folks earlier, but hey...  better late than never.  The recording may go onto YouTube eventually.  

Cheers,

jpc

• Thank You 2